Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Should a blaster smoke alot in the cold!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008 | 11:36 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!
Default Should a blaster smoke alot in the cold!!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mdebuck

i donno where your getting 50:1 is richer than 32:1, the 32 is gas the 1 is oil .........but your opinion is completely different from mine, i blew my 01 blaster runnin 40:1 then i ran 32:1 on my new 03 and i haven't had a problem at all....</end quote></div>

You just answered your own question - rich or lean is determined by the amout of fuel, not the amout of oil, so if you have more fuel you have a richer mixture, so 50:1 is richer and 32:1 is leaner. I don't know what people call having more or less oil when you are refering to the oil in the mixture, but it would not be called rich or lean. I realize you can blow your engine by not having enough oil, but the amout of fuel is just as important. This can be kind of confusing and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Old 01-21-2008 | 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

more oil means its richer more fuel means its leaner.....its like taking a cup of milk and putting a little bit of chocolate syrup in it ..ok nows its a little tasty but if you put more chocolate syrup in then it becomes to RICH to drink .....FYI the milk is the gas the chocolate syrup being your oil

Old 01-21-2008 | 04:15 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

I give up. I see it my way and you see it yours. That's fine, I'm not mad at cha. As long as your Blaster is running with your fuel/oil mixture I'm happy.

Old 01-21-2008 | 04:17 PM
|
Trailblazer

so who is right and who is wrong.

Old 01-21-2008 | 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

well apparently we both are right i guess.he seems to be doin just fine his way and i'm doin great my way....i guess stick to your other posts

Old 01-21-2008 | 05:30 PM
Range Rover

more oil is richer, the lower the ratio the richer it is . example , 32:1 is richer than 50:1 ask any mechanic. my advice. get a blck off kit $30 remove the jug,and mix it yourself 32:1. many people say the injection system is unreliable but after much research myself i found its a 50/50 opinion. so i just opted to remove it,if anything human error would be at fault just get your gas can labled blaster 32:1 and use only that can. i have 3 blasters in my family mine my sons and my bros all with b/o kits. this will also eliminate any leaks. good luck

Old 01-21-2008 | 05:31 PM
Range Rover

Here's an old guys view on "richer and Leaner"

Gas is generally refered to as Rich where as Air is leaner . Now with Oil 32:1 is more oil in the gas than 50:1
so in other words olde skool = richer was gas, leaner was for more air mixture.

a good mix is 32:1 fuel to oil ratio it works great in lawn and garden tools also btw.

better to err on the too much oil side than fuel just eat more smoke

also here is a site which might help mix the fuel / oil
http://www.at-speed.com/air/oil_gas_calc.html

that's my 2 cents

Old 01-21-2008 | 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: qsportgoat

more oil is richer, the lower the ratio the richer it is . example , 32:1 is richer than 50:1 ask any mechanic. my advice. get a blck off kit $30 remove the jug,and mix it yourself 32:1. many people say the injection system is unreliable but after much research myself i found its a 50/50 opinion. so i just opted to remove it,if anything human error would be at fault just get your gas can labled blaster 32:1 and use only that can. i have 3 blasters in my family mine my sons and my bros all with b/o kits. this will also eliminate any leaks. good luck</end quote></div>

all of which i said thanks for the back up

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Raptor450

I give up. I see it my way and you see it yours. That's fine, I'm not mad at cha. As long as your Blaster is running with your fuel/oil mixture I'm happy.</end quote></div>

You are 100% correct.

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:57 PM
Range Rover

on four strokes rich/ lean is about air and fuel ratio but when its 2 strokes we are talking about oil and gas

Quick Reply: Should a blaster smoke alot in the cold!!