Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee mud tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2001, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finally my dad and i decidedon a atv. were getting a used 96 banshee.i'llprobablyuse it the most. i want to know whats the best mud tire for it. would tsl s be way to aggressive and suck up power?

thanks

Old 01-16-2001, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Without a doubt, the best mud tire for the banshee is Pure Sports Realtors. They're a little on the heavy side, but the 'shee has plenty of power to spin them. If you get them, run them in the scooping direction. Just be careful there is no one behind you when you get on the gas

Old 01-16-2001, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

My 22" bearclaws do a great job. The biggest problem is the low ground clearance of the axle (the disc/sprocket protection). But with some arm help, I will go anywhere a 4x4 scram will...and when I get stuck (notice the when, not if), it way easier to pull out than the 100lbs heavier scram...I still have arm cramps about that scram.
The key is, whatever tires you have, momentum, never slow down, do not try to get grip, just blast through (yeah, I know you'll get wet and muddy). I'd say to get some good tires (Holeshot/Razor/Schredder/Bandit) if you want some grip...you'll have to push a little anyway. With the Bearclaws, from a standing start, tires will spin up to 4th. When the Bearclaws are worn, I'll go for Razr (or similar), and push a little more (no big deal).
When reading this, you will think there's no way to have fun on a shee in mud...but look in the sig, there are fun pics of my shee, stuck in "some" stinky muddy water. On those pics, there's the little story with it so you know why it ended this way...hehe

Old 01-20-2001, 02:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Discharge! I have a 96 Banshee and I have Pure Sports Bandit radials in the rear of my shee. They hook up great and they are good in the snow! I think they would be good in the mud too. Bandit radials seem to wear like iron! Good luck with your decision...