Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What protection equipment do you ride with??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What protection equipment do you ride with??

I've come close severel times almost hitting some whitetail deer ,scary thought ,know a guy that totalled his sled from hitting one

Old 03-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: deanz400

I've come close severel times almost hitting some whitetail deer ,scary thought ,know a guy that totalled his sled from hitting one</end quote></div>

I've flew of my hunting fourwheeler, when i was younger. 9 years ago slamming on my brakes to stop from hitting a button buck that laid down in front of me... was funny at the time.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: pmcc37

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bullpark1956

well guys just my 2 cents Last yr i became an atv instructor for ASI and started wereing full gear even on trails here in wyoming where speed isnt a fast thing,because of rough very rocky trail in the backwoods of the mtns, but in sept while bowhunting, was fully geared up helmet, goggles, long pants long sleave shirtover ankle boots gloves and knee pads and elbow pads, i came to a crest of a hill couldnt see over other side was on my side of trail on my 400 yamaha big bear when a yfz came flying over hill and hit me head on at bout 40 miles an hr, totaled both machnes throwed me bout 40 ft from machine broken arm shoulder 200 stitches but the guy on other machine is still in hosp with broken back and neck he had on no riding gear at all took 3 hrs to gets him help because we were so far from anyhting, thank god i had insurance on my machine because he has hired a lawer to sue me because he says i shouldnt have been in his way , my atterney says we have no worrys but along with all the gear guys get that insurance to protect u its more so than all ur riding gear because fools like this are just waiting to gets into ur poackets MNAY THNAKS</end quote></div>

did you ever mention you had insurance??? If so that the reason hes sueing you. Whats this world coming to people will sue over a penny. If anything countersue him for the deductable and any expenses you are out on you are out. You'll get him on wreckless driving..... Oh yeah and attorney fees

as far as protection

Untill 3 weeks ago

Helment, googles, riding boots (you can shift just fine once you break them in) and maybe a long sleave shirt if it was cool enough.

Know waiting on the chest protectors after watching my buddy flip his yfz 450 on after he cleared the 25 foot table top. he got two broken wrist and some reall bad bruised ribs. I've broken a rib before and am not going down that road.

If in the deer woods

My bow, i go to slow to hurt anything</end quote></div>

In PA insurance and registration is required by state law[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

oh. on a fourwheeler. thats kinda obsurd.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Range Rover

The insurance give you the right to cross state roads, bridges ect. going between trails were you could have a accident also most pay to ride palces require it before you can ride there, and I have comp and collision on mine so if it's stolen or I would total it in the woods it's covered. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

For anything besides just putting around in the yard...

Vemar Carbon Fiber Helmet
Thor Core and AC Jerseys
Thor Core and AC Gloves
Thor Core and AC Pants
Fox Forma Pro Boots
Thor Force Chest Protector
Thor Knee/Shin Pads
Thor Goggles

Not meaning to preach, but I've seen people that would without a doubt be dead today if it weren't for them wearing a helmet. Also, any skin you can cover up is that much less "road rash" when, not if, you crash.

I wouldn't ride MX without all of the above items.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: viper5

The insurance give you the right to cross state roads, bridges ect. going between trails were you could have a accident also most pay to ride palces require it before you can ride there, and I have comp and collision on mine so if it's stolen or I would total it in the woods it's covered. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

well that makes sense if you have alot of public riding areas. we have 1 nice one in arkansas then a couple small ones.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it finally happened... Went riding yesterday in the local national forest trails. I hit a dip in the bottom of a berm and over she went. I was prolly going about 15mph or so and before I knew it I was bucked off. I flew off the side as the wheeler toppled front end over to back end. Luckily it didn't land on me, scraped up my knees, bruised 2 ribs and broke my left wrist. I was wearing my helmet and gloves, but it has me thinking about a chest protector.

I'm down for 4weeks so this will give me time to replace my handle bar, throttle switch and housing since they broke all to shreds. I got my cast in Yammy blue as a reminder. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I'm a pretty responsible rider, but it goes to show you that anything at any given moment can happen.. ride hard, ride safe.:beer

The following users liked this post:
Rich1028 (04-29-2023)
Old 05-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Eimajz

Well it finally happened... Went riding yesterday in the local national forest trails. I hit a dip in the bottom of a berm and over she went. I was prolly going about 15mph or so and before I knew it I was bucked off. I flew off the side as the wheeler toppled front end over to back end. Luckily it didn't land on me, scraped up my knees, bruised 2 ribs and broke my left wrist. I was wearing my helmet and gloves, but it has me thinking about a chest protector.

I'm down for 4weeks so this will give me time to replace my handle bar, throttle switch and housing since they broke all to shreds. I got my cast in Yammy blue as a reminder. [img][/img]

I'm a pretty responsible rider, but it goes to show you that anything at any given moment can happen.. ride hard, ride safe.:beer</end quote></div>

sorry about your crash but thanks for bringing this thread back..lots of good info

Old 05-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

Full face helmit,gloves,boots,jeans.long sleeve shirt. And a fat chick is always great for landing on,skinny ones are to boney

Quick Reply: What protection equipment do you ride with??