Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My Wolverine is dead :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Wolverine is dead :(

Rest in peace my friend..

Broke the frame again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] it is so bad it can not be fixed,she's dead [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

But the Good news is my local dealer has a Black 04 Wolverine,I'm going to buy Saturday,so I can put all my goodies on it..AND not ride this one till I get my aftermarket suspension lol..

Old 03-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks... bad howd you break it..

Old 03-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

Well this is the 3rd frame brake on this machine..I think either it was defective from the factory..Also I broke rule #1 on buying a used ATV I bought it from a teenager,no telling how he beat that poor thing..Plus,I ride pretty hard on some nasty trails,I'm 185lbs and think the springs are worn on that thing...One I'm buying is bone stock,not many hours on it..Still has some of those new tire thingies on it,plus she's real clean..Lets see If I can abuse her lol

Old 03-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

how much they asking for it? In my experience you'll pay a bit more from the dealer... Does the woly have a odometer on it? I know my 08 450 does, but a budy of mine has a 02 i think, and it dosen't. I've never paid mutch attention to it, but it reminds me of my bigbear with smaller tires.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

yeah thier crooks,just like e'm all lol they wanted 3000.00,but when I pretty much schooled the sales guy on 95-04 Wolverines and that they are pretty much crap bone stock and that no one wants a all the time 4x4 and such lol I got them down to 2500.00 out the door and thet are going to install my hotcam,my piston..check the valves and cylinder..I said sold [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Plus I reminded them to look in their computer and see how much money I spent there in the past 10 years lol

Old 03-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

damn not a bad deal, your getting $1000 worth of motor work, if you were to out right pay them...

Old 03-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

heh really?? I did it myself the first time..I dident think it would cost that much..nice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!

What are you doing with the old Wolverine? just a thought, instead of taking parts off the old motor, if you are keeping the old one and not trading or selling it, why not swap in the whole motor and keep the 04 for a spare, or better yet, save up money, slowly mod the hell out of it, then if the 03 motor bites it, a few hours in swap time, and you are back up and running with a new motor.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 95wolv

What are you doing with the old Wolverine? just a thought, instead of taking parts off the old motor, if you are keeping the old one and not trading or selling it, why not swap in the whole motor and keep the 04 for a spare, or better yet, save up money, slowly mod the hell out of it, then if the 03 motor bites it, a few hours in swap time, and you are back up and running with a new motor.</end quote></div>

let them do the work, and build the other motor as you go along, and one day you'll have one baddass woly....

Old 03-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: toddmh

AND not ride this one till I get my aftermarket suspension lol..</end quote></div>

What did you end up going with and where did you them? I keep bottoming
out the front shocks on my 06 Wolvy.

Does adjusting the pre-loads effect the handling or just the up and down motion of the suspension?

Quick Reply: My Wolverine is dead :(