Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

new to wolverine

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 04:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to wolverine

Hello all im new to the atv forums here and well I have seen a lot of stuff from the people on here about moding ther wolverines I have an 07se and well anyone here got a list of the basic mods that would be a good place to start ...?????

Old 03-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default new to wolverine

Here are the basics:

pipe (HMF or GYTR)
filter (k&n)
jet kit (dynojet)
clutch kit (epi or hauck)

You will gain a good bit of power with these mods, if you still want more...you could always go with the 500 big bore kit.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Trailblazer
Default new to wolverine

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MIwolvy

Here are the basics:

pipe (HMF or GYTR)

filter (k&n)

jet kit (dynojet)

clutch kit (epi or hauck)

You will gain a good bit of power with these mods, if you still want more...you could always go with the 500 big bore kit.</end quote></div>

Woah, 500 seems alittle big? Is that bad for it?

Old 03-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default new to wolverine

Honestly, any performance mods will reduce the life if the engine. As far as the 500bbk, the only person that I know running one is ctateusa1 on this site...but he is actually running it as a 488 because I think he opted out of the cam or something. Any time you tweak something to get more power out of the engine, it will be a little harder on it, and the rest if the drivetrain... But unless you beat the hell out of it every day all day, I wouldnt be too worried about the bbk causing too many problems.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Range Rover
Default new to wolverine

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MIwolvy

Honestly, any performance mods will reduce the life if the engine. As far as the 500bbk, the only person that I know running one is ctateusa1 on this site...but he is actually running it as a 488 because I think he opted out of the cam or something. Any time you tweak something to get more power out of the engine, it will be a little harder on it, and the rest if the drivetrain... But unless you beat the hell out of it every day all day, I wouldnt be too worried about the bbk causing too many problems.</end quote></div>

He's got the 488 because he decided not to stroke it with a bigger crank. Upsizing the piston to a 488 isn't that hard on it but stroking it can. Most mods (pipe, filter, jets, cam) don't reduce the life of your quad...pushing it past it's intended use will and a lot of times people who mod their quads try to push them to the limit.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default new to wolverine

hey miwolvy what offset are your wheels and who makes em ??? I really like those and well I keep gettin the run around from the diff people like motosport and rocky mountain atv as to what size and offsets will fit my wolverine ... it seems like nobody wants to touch my bike man ..... also who makes some decent shocks for this thing .... we get to riding hard and you can tell it needs more but the only ones people around here are recomending is elka and im not payin 2500 to 3000 for friggin shocks no way in hell I dont spend that much in the entire suspension of my drag car lol lol

Old 03-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Range Rover
Default new to wolverine

Elka's are awesome you should check them out, well worth the price.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default new to wolverine

my wheels are ITP SS 108's in 12x7, the bolt pattern is 4x110 and the offset is 2+5 and 5+2 (the front and rear have different offsets) you will get the best prices on ebay, just find the ones you like in the specs above and they will bolt up fine. ITP makes a bunch of different wheels that will work on the wolvy, and they all look great.

As far as shocks...the elkas are supposed to be the best, but I'm with you...they are way too expensive for me to put on a quad. There is another company that makes replacement shocks for the wolvy that are supposed to be really good too ( and a lot less $$$ than the elkas) but I can't remember the brand...I will dig around a little and see if I can find it.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default new to wolverine

hey thanks guys .... for all the input...sry derrelw im with MIwolvy .... there is no way I can justify spending that kind of maney on shocks for a quad ....espescially one that I MMIGGHHTT race once or twice a yr and the rest of it is trail riding sry man ....but thank you anyways ...

Old 03-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default new to wolverine

aahhh also I forgot I posted on another forum but ..... I just cant have my machine dopwn for 2 weeks waitnin on machine work is the epi kit that bad or is it just as good on the bottom and everywhere except the nig end ???? and how bad do you think goin to a 24 or 25 inch tire with the perfex lift would hurt the bottom even with the machine work or the epi ???? and I was thinkin of widening the track with some spacers front and rear to help not two wheel so much Ive had mine on its lid once and my friends have done it twice cuz it grabs durin a powerslide and just snaps back and lays over..... and my friends foreman dont and we cant have that lol

Quick Reply: new to wolverine