Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I have a few questions (Raptor)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2001, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Raptorrider 2001! I hope I'm still twisting the throttle at age 61! Good for you! Thanks for proving to us that age is only a state of mind! Happy riding for many more years!

Old 01-19-2001, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Drekkyk Were do you live? Well have to go riding when you get you bike. The only thing I can tell you is get tires. I love this bike but ice and snow tires would make it more fun. Other than thwt my bike is all stock and all fun.

Old 01-19-2001, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Drekkyk Were do you live? Well have to go riding when you get you bike. The only thing I can tell you is get tires. I love this bike but ice and snow tires would make it more fun. Other than that my bike is all stock and all fun.

Old 01-19-2001, 04:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you all for your responses. I thought it might be too much of a machine to start out with, but I'm a quick learner. My first time snowmobiling, I was on an Indy 550 (I think) and it was pretty quick. I know I'm not comparing apples to apples here, but within a couple of days I was beating faster machines on the trails. I was powering my way through the turns and thats where I left everyone behind. My buddy with the same riding experiance as me had one too and I would have to stop and wait for him. He was either terrible, or I did really well Anyway, I wasnt trying to beat anyone, just having fun. That's why I think the Raptor would be a good choice. I dont want to buy something, and after getting used to it, wishing I had a raptor because it was the one I really liked to begin with. I'll just take it easy at first.

As for where I live, well, I'm in S. Korea now. I'm originally from Mt. Clemens, MI. My wife lives out near 25 mile now. Being in the USAF, I have to do my year tour here in Korea (Its way to long to be away from family) and in April I head to Tucson, AZ. It seems like there should be some good riding there. Only 2 Months 23 days 13 hours and 34 minutes 4 seconds to go. Now its 7,047,206 seconds to go! (Not that I'm counting)

Thanks again for your replies!

Drekkyk

Old 01-19-2001, 11:05 AM
Range Rover

Drekkyk,

I agree with you. Start off with the best and forget about the rest! If you got something inferior, within a couple of weekends you will be ready for more and wishing you got the Raptor. I experienced the same thing when I got my first street bike in '98. I went with a Ninja ZX-9R (first production street bike to run a 9 second 1/4 mile) and many people thought it was TOO MUCH to start off with. But I'll promise you the power made me respect it much more than a 600cc bike that you feel comfortable with too quick. As I got better, the bike was still far within it's limits. Anyway, to make a short story long, the same logic applies here. Get the Raptor, respect it's power and grow with it...you'll love it!