Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Filter for my Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Filter for my Warrior

Im going to buy the prodesign filter kit for my warrior. But which filter would be better? i have a k&n and im not impressed, this thing has fallen into pieces and keeps getting worse everytime i ride. Would the foam be better? Also, i have full exhaust and was wondering if i wanted to put a cam in that would be noticable power wise would webcams be the way to go, and if so would i have to do anything else besides the springs and stuff to keep my warrior reliable? I dont want to put a webcam in and blow it up 3 months later. Thanks for any info.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a uni filter and it works fine just. this might be a stupid question but did you put filter oil on your filter. and did you clean it regularly. you should get a hot cam you will notice a big diff. since you are thinking of getting a cam you should also look into a better piston and a lghter crank it really isnt that much more. then you basically have a new engine you should look into.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah im picky as hell when it comes to my 4wheelers and cars so it does get cleaned and taken care of. I have a hotcam already just sitting in my room but some people say it will be a waste of money to put it in because if i do notice power gains it might hurt me on bottom end. Eventually i want to stroke it but right now im having my car painted and fresh motor/nitrous build comes before 4wheeler right now lol

Old 04-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider

I put in the stage one Hotcam. It made no difference till its about half wound up then just enough to notice. If you have it allready then it wont cost much at all to istall so you might as well. I cant make myself spend all those $s on a filter so I use just a piece of foam and no oil (I hate that sticky *** filter oil). Not saying to do that though, just that I do and have no ill effects so far.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

Alright, well i guess i'll put the cam in her just to see what happens if need be i can always just take it back out. Thanks guys