Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Battle of the wolvies (old against new)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battle of the wolvies (old against new)

hmmm getting heated. i like my new wolvies but like i said i can't compare since it's my first and only ATV

Old 05-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

im not hatin on it it is what it is and its good for some people. but for me if i make an honest comparison the new one comes up short based on my criteria

Old 05-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Range Rover

I prefer the 450 to the old 350. I would liked to have had the auto clutch 5 speed but most of todays riders prefer the ultramatic. It's grown on me and with the Hauck Clutch work I'd say it's much stronger on the low end with better top end. I don't know where you get that the 350 is faster than the 450 unless you're talking about flat open highway riding and even then you'd have to have the 424 to pull that off. Lets make it fair and say a 350 with the 424 vs a 450 with the Hauck sheave work. That's a fair fight and with both having 23" tires I'd say it would be close with the 350 being about 1 mph faster but having to catch up after getting left in the dust for about 10 lengths. On the trail it wouldn't even be close...the 450 would chew up and spit out the 350 in tight fast trails. It just has way more torque and much better stock tires. Lets not even talk about hills...

Old 05-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think my old Wolvy was a nice machine (RIP) Great for everything but MX track broke her will and frame,3 times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

HaHa I like the Timberwolf comment..This monster ate Timberwolves...

Old 05-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but my new ride is just a tad of a upgrade [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Bring home day..

yesturday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

faster out of the box....don't think so. My bruin is similar to the old wolvies...no comparison. Shifting is overrated...with the cvt, you are always in the powerband and ready to go. Every manufacturer besides Honda doesn't run an autos on their big quads because manuals are better...think about it.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

cmp makes a rear rack..... I just got my new wolverine and I love it. I have owned to ranchers (350 and 400) and also have a blaster 200. I cant compare the new one to the old one because I never road the old wolvy. I have had lots of experience (moto cross) when I was younger, have had cbr 600, zx 11 and a vmax. Iv had alot of toys and can say this wolverine is a very nice atv. It does all I need. Im five feet eleven and weigh 240lbs and it has no trouble... Its a nice atv. I also tested several atv's at the dealers before buying this one.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

I like the older looks of the shift wolverine.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the old Wolvy for a long time, made a lot of mods to it, and anxiously awaited a new model.

Then I saw the new model, and was soooooo disappointed.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MIwolvy

faster out of the box....don't think so. My bruin is similar to the old wolvies...no comparison. Shifting is overrated...with the cvt, you are always in the powerband and ready to go. Every manufacturer besides Honda doesn't run an autos on their big quads because manuals are better...think about it.</end quote></div>

I have a polaris and have had sleds i know how an automatic works. If you live near CT you can take a spin on it...

Quick Reply: Battle of the wolvies (old against new)