Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Where can I find a good deal on a Raptor 700 in NJ/NY/DE/PA area??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I find a good deal on a Raptor 700 in NJ/NY/DE/PA area??

A friend of mine in the Can-Am/Bombardier Forum has bought a Raptor 700 (left over of course) for 5k in Ohio. I'm looking to get a new ATV to get back into the sport. I'm debating either this or a Honda 450R. I have yet to ride a 700 but I own a 660 which I will give t my son who outgrew his modified 90. I read a lot of positive things about the 700 and it seems like it is very responsive to simple bolt ons. I called one place in PA and they offer it out the door at 6663.00. I'm looking to get the best bang for the buck. I plan to marry soon and I want to get that one last toy before I settle down and hopefully bring her to the rides as well. Anyone can give me any input I'd greatly appriciate it!

Old 05-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Range Rover

Try Track & Trail in State Collage PA. That's were I bought my '06 700 raptor from and it was $1000.00 off sticker and wasn't a leftover. I bought my '07 raptor from Blockers in Perryville PA. and got the same kinda deal from them after some haggleing. Most dealers stick with sticker price until it gets to be a leftover but Track & Trail or blockers will deal

Old 05-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]I would be looking for a Good Doctor for that KID,he,s coming off a 90,to a 660????,Save your $$$$$$ for Medical expences!!!! He,s go-n to need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:56 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: eddieo51

[img][/img]I would be looking for a Good Doctor for that KID,he,s coming off a 90,to a 660????,Save your $$$$$$ for Medical expences!!!! He,s go-n to need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.</end quote></div>

I think this is more about him getting a new 700 than giving his son the 660

Old 05-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

My kid is taller than me.. at 13... and I'm 5-11. No way he can fit on a 90 anymore.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

You can find a nice, clean used 700 for around $4,500 from places like craigslist.com if you're interested in a used one.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/brokenheart.gif[/img]My concern was for the KID!!!! he maybe 8ft tall,But unless he has a BUNCH of riding under his belt,that,s a BIG differance from a 90cc to a Moded 660~~~~~~~~~~Forgive me for B-E,,,, concerned~~~~~.If U have a moded 660,why would you want a 700????, unless it,s the handling part.I have seen a few moded 660,s blow away the 700,s.To much high tech crap on the motor,s.fuel-injection,CDI,Smogged up bunche,s of Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMHO. Like sombody said,you can find a Good Used one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know 2 that,s for Sale Now!!!!!!! A friend bought one,and after he rode it a-few times,He went back to his OLD 1997 Banshee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!His WORD,s&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;It,s a TURD!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

My kid has been riding since 4. He isn't a hot headed kid. Rides very cautious and has went thru a slew of bikes. He has ridden my DS650 but said it's too big and I see him more fit on the 660. Frankly I'm ready to throw a match to my 660. Second battery went bad. Since I put it back together it cranks slowly. Seems to only start when it's warm out. Chain adjustment on the 660, dual carbs. Your bud wanna sell me his 700?

A modded shee can be untouchable...there is a lot more go-fast stuff for it than any other bike out there. I saw some that were as fast as some motorcyle to atv conversions. The roost they were throwing looked like they were on a trail of fire.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]OK,My mistake!!!! I think that my friend has already took a deposit on the Rap-E,,,i can find Out!!! I have seen them on E-Pay,If you can find one close by you,sometimes that,s the Ticket!!!!A buddy got a REAL clean 2004 660,Raptor for $2625.00,he was the high Bidder!!!! He drove 300 miles to pick it up, and when he got there the guy threw in about $500.00 worth of riding gear for &200.00,it all fit good!!!!!!!! Just don,t Git-N-A-Hurry!!!,there out there,Good-Luck!!!!!!!!!!!! Ride&Safe&have&FUN~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 05-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: eddieo51

[IMG][/IMG]My concern was for the KID!!!! he maybe 8ft tall,But unless he has a BUNCH of riding under his belt,that,s a BIG differance from a 90cc to a Moded 660~~~~~~~~~~Forgive me for B-E,,,, concerned~~~~~.If U have a moded 660,why would you want a 700????, unless it,s the handling part.I have seen a few moded 660,s blow away the 700,s.To much high tech crap on the motor,s.fuel-injection,CDI,Smogged up bunche,s of Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMHO. Like sombody said,you can find a Good Used one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know 2 that,s for Sale Now!!!!!!! A friend bought one,and after he rode it a-few times,He went back to his OLD 1997 Banshee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!His WORD,s&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;It,s a TURD!!!!!!!!!!!</end quote></div>

"Smogged up bunche,s of Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Humm you don't say. I buy a new Raptor allmost every year (due to the fact I ride 3,000+ miles per season) So far I had every year sice '01 execpt '04 and '08 (didn't like the color) and I like the 700 allot better than the 660's. As far as you friend going back to a '97 Banshee(no longer sold in the us by the way) It must be because he likes to rebuild 2 stroke quads and loves the kick starter and lack of reverse. I had Banshee's in the 90's they were cool quads but for all around riding I prefer the Raptor and then it is still to each there own. I have to go take my smog pump and cat off my Raptor LOL and while i'm at it rip the bad and evil fuel injection off and get a couple of carbs so I have a much trouble as when I had the 660's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Where can I find a good deal on a Raptor 700 in NJ/NY/DE/PA area??