Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

this'll probably start a war among yammie owners, but.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2001, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.K., all my bashing is pure fun. Now, hopefully you'll help me out. I sold my trike(gotta change signature) so I could get my class A license. Tonight, I rode a banshee, raptor, warrior(and tried out a 400ex). All are stock. First off, on my cousins warrior, I was making huge rooster tails in big loops on the frozen lake, and noticed that the motor is loud, not the exhaust. It'll be a year old in may, the valves were never adjusted. Any thoughts? Now, to make you hate each other........I rode the banshee and loved the instant tack-way-up-quick-and never-bog, in even sixth gear while barely moving. Now, It was spinning, but still impressive. My friends raced the raptor and EX, and the ex always had the holeshot. Well, I was out riding wheelies on the raptor to show the 400 up, then raced him. I got the holeshot thanks to better traction(I weigh more). Now, I want a banshee or raptor(please don't hate me polaris owners!!!) What should I go with? I was amazed how the shee could rev so damn quick!!! They're close price wise up here, and I like reverse and electric start, but, still, the banshee could rev so damn quick!!!! I know ones a twin, so two performance parts every time I want something(reeds, pipes), but aren't raptor hop-ups expensive too? I know a modded shee SHOULD smoke a modded raptor(w/ equal mods) ANy thoughts on what to do? Has anyone own(ed) both. Please help me out here.............Oh, and I clicked on someones signature and found some cool Raptor graphics. Do you know who you are?? You also had a camaro that was smashed by a blazer full of stoned *******. My friend is VERY interested. Thanks again, and sorry about the lenght. And to recap, should I get a shee or raptor??

Old 01-24-2001, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

hey that was my site! glad you liked it! I am hoping to make one of the best and informative raptor sites on here!

http://www.geocities.com/raptorterry

check back now and then, it's always being updated, have some pretty cool raptor links too!

Old 01-24-2001, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

I have owned, 250R's LT & trx, used to race moto X and gncc on my banshee's, had a modded 400ex and my favorite is the raptor, my modded raptor IS WAY faster than my brothers 96 banshee with fmf fatty's, pro design filter kit blah blah. but TOP END I HAVE NO CHANCE! the raptor will be the most reliable choice. mods are equally expensive for either.

Old 01-24-2001, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, great site!! Especially the captions w/ the pictures!!! I appreciate the address again. I was kinda concerned about reliability too, but I figure if its built right(can't leave nothin' alone), it oughta last awhile. I know the design itself is getting outdated, but seems to hold up fine 'cept the motor(although the ones around here seem to be running decent). It'll be a few months before I get either, so plenty of time for me to decide.