Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

AFTERMARKET RAPTOR STEERING STEM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2001, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guy's I need some help. I rolled my Raptor last weekend and among other things I bent the steering stem. Anybody know of any good aftermarket ones? I'm a little upset, it didn't take much to bend the stock one. The crash wasn't that violent. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Suck's to be me.

Old 01-25-2001, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

In the meantime, while you're waiting on a new one, you might consider taking it to a muffler shop and having them try to press your old one out straight. It's worth a shot. For no more than there is there, $300 is a lot to pay for an aftermarket one. It seems that a machine shop would build one for way less.

Old 01-25-2001, 05:29 AM
Trailblazer

I use a TimmyBoy Designs stem. Great quality and prices. Check'em out at www.timmyboydesigns.com tell them Chris from Vans of Santa Monica sent you.

Old 01-25-2001, 09:52 AM
Trailblazer

Where do you ride at? I flipped my Raptor in the river bottom by Jomax and Lake Pleasant road. I tore up several things (both me and the bike) but luckily the bars just folded back instead of bending the stem.

Old 01-25-2001, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

what kind of turain were u riding in ?

Old 01-25-2001, 12:13 PM
Trailblazer

Who, me or RaptorAZ?

I was jumping up onto a plateau. The landing area is fine gravel with a lot of rocks mixed in. The biggest rocks are about the size of a basketball. I got a little sideways in the air and when I landed, the fun began. I don't know how many times the bike rolled, but it ended up upside down facing toward the jump. The bars folded back (slipping in the clamps), the right side splash guard bent back 90 deg., and the reverse **** broke. There are also a lot of scratches and white creases on the plastic.

Old 01-25-2001, 01:40 PM
Banned

Where do you ride rraptorr13?

IronBear

Old 01-25-2001, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

Thank's for the info. I ordered one from Timmyboy designs today. They can retube the stem in 4130 Chromemoly for $125.00. So that's what I ordered. It should be here sometime next week. They were very helpful and professional on the phone. I was riding at 67th. ave. and happy valley when I rolled it. It's very hardpack terrain. I was tackling a very big hill when it grabbed traction at the top and wheelied. Instead of going head over heels backwards, I backed off the throttle and lost all my momentum. The hill was too steep for the brakes to hold it and it started sliding backwards with me on it so I bailed. It went side over side six times. It took out: the bars, the bumper, the steering stem, creased all the plastic, the right tierod and sleeve, the right brake lever, and scratched up everything else. Somehow my Armadillo sixpack rack survived. So far my replacement parts are: Renthal Banshee bend bars, PRM Desert bumper, Lone Star +4 axle ( just figured I'd add that in while I am repairing everything else.) and Renthal grips.

Old 01-25-2001, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer

Glad you got it worked out. You will be pleased witht their work! Did you tell them that I sent you? We should get together and ride sometime. You should hit Glamis with us the weekend after Pres, Day weekend.

Old 01-26-2001, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

I actually plan on going to Glamis on President's weekend. Let me know next you go riding. I'm always looking for new riding buddies. My email address is: vanceracing@qwest.net

Quick Reply: AFTERMARKET RAPTOR STEERING STEM?