Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

97 warrior trouble starting

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 warrior trouble starting

Well I bought it last weekend knowing it had something electrical wrong with it. When I go to try to crank it with the electric start the engine turns and it has some clicking noise coming from the starter relay and the other relays, and it doesnt crank up. Ive tested to see if it is getting spark, and it does sometimes but sometimes it doesnt. Ive also used a screwdriver to connect the two bolts on the starter relay buy it does the same thing as when I press the electric start. Please help me in so anxious to ride it

Old 07-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer

Dirty Wire Termanal ? Check The Battery Leads , also recharge battery make sure battery is up on power.

possable CDI Box (powerpack) has got damp , Remove the CdI , and Put it in your Oven at low Tempature for a Few Mins and Cook it. But dont Over-Cook it.
You do not want to Melp the Epocoxy out of the pack, you only want to Speed Dry it.
After you figure your roast -- cought cough CDI [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] is cooked , try it back on the bike , if this solves your problem , than remove the cdi , and try and reaseal it with rtv sealent exc.. And Look for a new Pack (cdi) as it wont last 4 ever , but will last a while till it gets damp again or shorts out. The same Go`s for the Coil .

Also you change your Sparkplug Wire or remove it and cut 1/4" off the wire at each end and rescrew the wire into the coil and plug cap.

Also REPLACE the SparkPlug Cap , Yes They Do GO , and Can Cause Misfire or loss of Spark. NGK is Famous for thier Faulty Plug Caps.

hope this helps
chris

Old 07-17-2008, 01:13 AM
Trailblazer

Would it run if I just replace the cdi, stator, ignition coil, and starter relay?

Old 07-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Trailblazer

there must be sumthing with warrior bc mine is doin the same thing and it suck havent rode forever

Old 07-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah ive been noticing a ton of people having electrical problems with warriors..... but im probably going to order all of those parts and put them on. If it doesnt crank after that im probably going to part it out on ebay or something and then buy a nice running one lol

Old 07-17-2008, 01:21 AM
Trailblazer

yup if i can get no 1 to buy mine thats what im doin

Old 07-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Trailblazer

dont waste your $ on parts you may not need , idd try cooking the pack and or coil first , and if it works than i would get new parts.

them tests i listed are simple to do.

your choice , but thats the steps i would try before i bought new parts , if i did not have a mercatronic to properly test the cdi & coil and mag plate.

And i doubt you would have a mercatronic as they cost about $1600

i have access to one of them where i live , but i myself useuly try the cooking trick , if nothing else works than i go get it from my uncle.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Trailblazer

where do you live , how far away from , perrysound ontario canada?

as im in the perrysound area.
if your close eanouf , maby i can help you with it , to get it running in my spare time.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Trailblazer

Wayyyy away, in gadsden alabama.... lol

Old 07-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer

i live in missouri =] far way 2 but i charged the battey and the startor will turn 2 sec. and then the cilaniod buzzes so idk

Quick Reply: 97 warrior trouble starting