Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Where can I find the speed control sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I find the speed control sensor

My reverse light came on...blinked while reving...manual tells me to check speed control sensor? Where can I find it? LOL
Please advise...thanks!

Old 09-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer

I have cleaned the carb, cleaned vent lines, cleaned everything, but the Wolverine still sputters and won't rev up. It will idle all day long, but it won't move much in gear.
Belt is dry, everything is tight...it ran for another 20 miles with no probs, thought I had it taken care of, but now it's doing it again.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

Mine did the same thing I thought something was in the carb. Once at Brown mountain I had to push it a half mile up a hill then I got tired and started messing with the carb and it started to work and it ran fine the rest of the day. It did the same thing again close to home when you give it gas it tries to stall if you barely tap the gas it will move but to much and it stalls it has no power at all, if this is the same symtoms. I cleaned the carb and problem has not come back.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer

The speed sensor is to the right and down below the the oil dipstick it has one bolt holding it in. I have not taken this out, but it looks like fluid will come out when this is pulled so be careful and ready looks like 2 red wires and one black and white going to it I believe. you have to get under the bike to see it hopefulley this will help. It is just above the main bottom frame rail.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks a bunch...I will get on it ASAP. I figured it has to be the carb, I have cleaned everything else. My reverse light blinked, I couldn't decide if it was due to a dirty speed control circuit or something else.
I need to clean that circuit and clean the carb real good.
Thanks!

Old 09-17-2008, 12:46 AM
Trailblazer

I cleaned out the carb the best I could do today, and it's back to running like a champ for now. I hope it continues to do so. It's almost pathetic that my other quad (Honda Rincon) gets put through much worse riding and many more miles without any hiccups whatsoever. I am not sure I would ever buy another Yamaha.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer

I am glad to see you quad running good again. I hav ehad no further issues out of mine I believe I had something in my carb from the factory. I put my wolverine through hell and it just keeps running I run mine through mud I was told it was not made for and had water just under the intake tube. and have no hichups. Not sure how to post pics or I would show you. the only thing I need now is 26" mudlites and I will be happy, stock tires have difficult time in the mud.