Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The Warrior HAULS @$$

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Warrior HAULS @$$

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 69Purple

Im absolutely sure i had my buddy runnin next to me in my truck and he couldnt keep up with me til i hit fifth gear and my truck is by no means slow. I didnt believe him myself i had him run next to me like 4 more times on the street it did good too. I expected a little headshake or somethin goin that fast but it was just cruisin.

The exhaust is stock but it DOES have a K&N style air intake i dont know how to check the gears or motor or anything.</end quote></div>

Are you sure there is a warrior engine in there?

Old 11-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: itch

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Raptor450

Sure it's running 67 mph? A stock Warrior will run about 55 - 58 mph. So if it truly does run 67 then it is HIGHLY modified. What kind of pipe does it have on it?</end quote></div>

lol

a stock warrior will do 67 with the right gearing easy

the motor being" highly modified"has nothing to do with the top speed except how QUICK you get there

what front sprocket is he running ?

the power wheelies in the first few gears sounds like motor work tho

rich</end quote></div>

Yeah, but a stock motor will not pull gearing that high, it would bog bad in lower gears, and definately would not pull wheelies in ANY gear like he said it did. Also a highly modified engine will run faster because it will rev higher and hold the higher revs up longer than a stock engine. My last Warrior would run about 70 with 15/40 gearing and 20" rear tires, with 14/40 gearing it would run about 66 mph. It was built with a 446 stroker and about everything you could do to a Warrior without running race fuel, alcohol, nitrous, or a turbo, or a rocket.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

what about the raptor 350?My friend said that that his will do 70 and his is stock with no tread on the back tires and the thumb throttle screw turned all the way out.Is he full of crap?

Old 11-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

what about the raptor 350?My friend said that that his will do 70 and his is stock with no tread on the back tires and the thumb throttle screw turned all the way out.Is he full of crap?</end quote></div>

Yeah, he's full of crap. The Raptor 350 uses the same engine as the Warrior, but Yamaha changed a few things and got the Raptor 350 up to about 60 mph top speed in stock form.

I wish all ATV's had a speedometer installed from the factory so people would stop lying about how fast they are going. It always feels like you're going faster than you really are on an ATV for some reason.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Trailblazer

what happened when you hit 6th gear?

Old 11-04-2008, 01:53 AM
Trailblazer

I have a 2001 Warrior and I was clocked on the road by a car right beside me, first off All it has is a Aftermarket exaust, High flow air filter and larger jets because of exaust LOL, but any way mine was clocked at 62 the first time but I ran out of road the sencond time I was at 64... Thats plenty fast for me though I will never have it that fast on the trail or short track I'm used too. Besides the three mods the quad is bone stock.... You all can take it how ever you want...Why would I lie I have nothing to hide.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

It doesnt sound like what i think a cam would but ive only heard cams in V8 trucks. but it does rack up the rpms real fast. and ive got 22 inch rear tireas with decent tread.

It hits 6th gear just as good as the others i guess i mean i get the rpms up and shift it and it accellerates just a little more but it does most of the pullin in 1 through 4

Old 11-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah an ATV cam doesn't hit like a V8 cam. I noticed no difference in sound after installing a cam. If it revs fast then it probably at least has a cam and lightweight, high compression piston. If the dude you bought it from had the engine shipped off it probably has a ported head, too. The port work will help it rev faster, too.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Raptor450

Yeah an ATV cam doesn't hit like a V8 cam. I noticed no difference in sound after installing a cam. If it revs fast then it probably at least has a cam and lightweight, high compression piston. If the dude you bought it from had the engine shipped off it probably has a ported head, too. The port work will help it rev faster, too.</end quote></div>

porting, a cam, racing pistons? but yet a stock pipe i think you guys put alot of stock in a person who weighs 265 on his first quad riding beside someone in a truck trying to clock an acurate speed

mine is a 2000 with an alba pipe airbox mod and jet kit i ran 13/40 gearing which i believe is stock today with my garmin gps clocked max speed at 65 on my first try down my street

i think anyone who would send a motor out for improvements would most likley have invested in a pipe too

Old 11-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: itch
mine is a 2000 with an alba pipe airbox mod and jet kit i ran 13/40 gearing which i believe is stock today with my garmin gps clocked max speed at 65 on my first try down my street </end quote></div>
Nope. You were going downhill or had a heck of a tailwind.

Quick Reply: The Warrior HAULS @$$