Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The Warrior HAULS @$$

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Warrior HAULS @$$

I am absolutely sure that speed is accurate. We did it <u>SEVERAL</u> times because i did not believe it either.

I think the stock pipe may be on still because it was an older (late 40s) that owned it. I know my dad gets pissed when anything is louder than it needs to be you should have seen the look on his face when i turboed my dually and put 6 inch straight pipes back when i was in high school!lol

Old 11-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: beefy46172

Uh, a Warrior really doesn't have the power stock to pull the taller gears to make it to 67, unless it was geared 15/40 going down hill--at which point in time there would be no power wheelies.</end quote></div>

A priceless little goody right there.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 69Purple

Im absolutely sure i had my buddy runnin next to me in my truck and he couldnt keep up with me til i hit fifth gear and my truck is by no means slow. I didnt believe him myself i had him run next to me like 4 more times on the street it did good too. I expected a little headshake or somethin goin that fast but it was just cruisin.

The exhaust is stock but it DOES have a K&N style air intake i dont know how to check the gears or motor or anything.</end quote></div>

The icing on the cake right there. The only way this could be better is if his father was driving the truck. This is why I stopped by today.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

you wont get any sound diff when there is only one piston, you cant hear the lobe seperation unless there are multiple pistons to hear the exhaust pulses from.

Sounds like a lot of chain yankin goin on in this thread.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: itch

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Raptor450

Yeah an ATV cam doesn't hit like a V8 cam. I noticed no difference in sound after installing a cam. If it revs fast then it probably at least has a cam and lightweight, high compression piston. If the dude you bought it from had the engine shipped off it probably has a ported head, too. The port work will help it rev faster, too.</end quote></div>

porting, a cam, racing pistons? but yet a stock pipe i think you guys put alot of stock in a person who weighs 265 on his first quad riding beside someone in a truck trying to clock an acurate speed

mine is a 2000 with an alba pipe airbox mod and jet kit i ran 13/40 gearing which i believe is stock today with my garmin gps clocked max speed at 65 on my first try down my street

i think anyone who would send a motor out for improvements would most likley have invested in a pipe too</end quote></div>

Maybe it had a pipe on it and the seller sold the aftermarket pipe before he sold the ATV? Maybe there is no rule book saying you have to buy an aftermarket pipe for a modified motor? Maybe I really don't care. All I have to go on is what they tell us. The beside-the-car method of clocking speed always worked for me. I've been doing this since before GPS were ever thought about. Seems like everyone with a GPS comes up with unreallistic numbers. I've had several Warriors, some modified, and I can assure you that you can't get that kind of top speed out of a stock Warrior with stock gearing unless you have huge rear tires.

By the way, what's the accuracy on your Garmin? I bet it's not 100% accurate. I would give your Warrior more like 62 mph top speed, which would make your Garmin +/- 5% accurate. Most affordable digital calculation devices are never 100% accurate.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: garyc660R

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: beefy46172

Uh, a Warrior really doesn't have the power stock to pull the taller gears to make it to 67, unless it was geared 15/40 going down hill--at which point in time there would be no power wheelies.</end quote></div>

A priceless little goody right there.</end quote></div>

What?

Old 12-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a question...
my warrior is popping at half throttle.. it doesnt do it when its in neutral or when the clutch is in. its like the gas stops going throught the carb but i cant figure it out should i rebuild the carb. it only does it like 75% of the time i ride. it stops me from topping out. how do i stop it?

Old 12-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

nope

Old 12-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

You need to check your jetting and probably clean out the carb. Sounds like it is running a little lean. Was it rejetted after the pipe was installed?

Old 12-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

no i dont thinks so.. i bought it from a guy 3 months ago but what kind of jets should i get i got some dynojets i think but my dad got them for his motorcycle... it came with a drill bit and a jet

Quick Reply: The Warrior HAULS @$$