Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

since ktm doesn't have it's own forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default since ktm doesn't have it's own forum

Well i'm posting this up here since KTM doesn't have it's on forum, quite frankly they don't deserve it. To make a long story short, do not buy any products from KTM period. My bike has spent more time in the shop than out there in the dunes, funny thing is it has yet to be broken in YET!!! With less than 10 hrs on it, I've had the rear sprocket and the gasket replaced due to a loose axle! There's also something wrong with the clutch already! It's making a noise as if it's grinding gears.. I'm extremely upset not only at this but at the poor customer service and warranty. I spoke to a quote on quote technician that said the noise was perfectly normal, what kind of "technician" are you dude! I'm done with KTM and their ignorance towards a POS bike. I'm not paying another penny, go ahead and ruin my credit.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have 'lemon' laws in your state?, if you do, consult an attorney,(state AG's office), or consumer advocacy groups in your state. You may be able to force KTM to buy the bike back , or exchange it for another one, rather than fixing yours.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

As far as the noise the technician is right. All KTM motors have that beloved noise in the clutch assembly it is perfectly normal. You will grow to love your little gravel crusher motor. If a KTM is quiet down there that is when you get worried.

Old 11-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

I live in the state of TX HeftyLefty. I"ve never heard of that "lemon" law but I'll make sure and get informed about. As far as that noise Evasiveone, I doubt it's normal. I've been riding bikes for years, with me having some yeas of experience in mechanics as well, I find nothing normal about that sound. Come to think of it my 660r made that sound, and guess what? I had to replace the clutch. I'll need a better explaination as to why that sound is normal.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

Some motors just make sounds you may not be accustomed to. Warrior's motors, for instance, are known for having an excessively loud valvetrain, especially when its a built motor, and at first sound you would think something is really wrong, when it is not.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

yes true same goes for when you shut the warriors off and you hear a loud clunk, but its the one way starter clutch assembly. yea warriors valvetrain is noisy i dno why the requie alotta valve clearance also, then when u put a cam in you gotta add even more clearance according to the spec sheet i have, its kinda funny.