Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Offset rear wheels for an 02 Warrior?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offset rear wheels for an 02 Warrior?

I'm still running the stock wheels and tires on the rear of my Warrior and want to swap them out soon. I'm looking at something like Holeshots, Kenda Knarly, etc. and plan to stay with the 22" size. I'd love to get a wider stance but, on a budget... is it worth the extra $$ for wheels to get an inch or 2 offset?

Old 12-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

take ur back wheels off and flip them so ur valvestem is on the inside, shabaam like +2 inches booya.lol, as for tires i would get either Razrs, Holeshot HDs, or Kenda Klaws, gnarlys wear pretty fast and so do the other itps like the xcrs and mx.you can also flip ur front wheels also but you have to remove ur valve stem assembly weld that hole up tight and grind it down, then drill a hole on the other side 4 ur new valve stem location, then ur bike wont look as weird with a wide back end and narrow front

Old 12-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

I don't think it's worth the extra money to buy wider rims. The factory rims are very durable, just flip them like 91Warrior357 said.

Have you ever seen anybody flip the front rims, and instead of welding up the unused valve hole, could you just flip the valve to the inside?

Old 12-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

hmm so u mean that there would be two valves? one inside and one outside? that way you could just use the one thats to the inside for sealing it up instead of a weld? thats a pretty good idea if thats wut u mean, i might do that. im not sure if it will work though ill have to look because that rubber piece might be concave or convex and by flipping it maybe it wont seal right if ya know wut i mean, i might look into that. thanks 4 bringing that up.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

No you have to remove the front ones, or get the stubby ones to put in place, because they won't clear the braking system.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 91Warrior357

hmm so u mean that there would be two valves? one inside and one outside? that way you could just use the one thats to the inside for sealing it up instead of a weld? thats a pretty good idea if thats wut u mean, i might do that. im not sure if it will work though ill have to look because that rubber piece might be concave or convex and by flipping it maybe it wont seal right if ya know wut i mean, i might look into that. thanks 4 bringing that up.</end quote></div>

Yeah there would be 2 valves, and the valve on the rim on the brake side would be turned backwards so that the actual valve stem would be inside the tire. That way you could turn the rim back around if you needed to. I've never seen it done but I don't see why it wouldn't work. It would be interesting to try.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: beefy46172

No you have to remove the front ones, or get the stubby ones to put in place, because they won't clear the braking system.</end quote></div>

i know that, it hits the brake caliper, were talking about turing it inside out so the valve is inside the wheel that way you dont have to remove it then weld u could just simply flip it and hopefully it will seal then drill the other side and put in a new valve stem that will be used for air, and yea i think i might try it, thanks for bringing that up raptor450 it would be a pretty good and cheap mod to do.