Warrior 446/430 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior 446/430 stroker

well im getting that warrior hopefully.

but yeah mine has been really reliable.

im a firm believer in, take care of it, it will take care of you.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

I think all quads (besides Chinese) are of similar quality. And just like you said, take care of it and it will take care of you. It'll run without that guard of course, but I would highly recommend getting one before something happens and you wish you had one.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

yeah im not really a hardcore rider like you guys..light trails, a little open fields, and flying through the gravel roads by my lakehouse and racing friends on the road.

i dont think i need a quad this powerfull lol but hey the offer is here so why not. i love spanking my friends !

how much will a chain guard run me?

Old 12-19-2008, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

That will be one nasty fast machine, I will tell you that much. I am not sure, but they are fairly inexpensive and are really not something I personally would run without, just in the odd chance your clothing or shoelaces would get caught in the chain or you have a chain come apart.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Shapeshifter Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ROBBASS

Yours might be nice, I'm not knocking your quad, but nearly every one I know that has had one whether 4 or 2 wheel drive has been pagued with problems, and I mean lots of problems, ranging from motors to starters, lots or rear wheel bearing assemblies falling apart, axles and frames snapping, I ride with alot of guys at a huge 3000 acre atv park, and its pretty much every weekend one of the Polarises will have some type of problem. Even my local dealer who sells Yamaha, Suzuki, and Polaris, the manager is a good buddy of mine, told me that he wouldnt even sell me one because they are junk, he said they fix more Polarises than any brand they have ever sold. In all my atv and dirt bike experience, I have had alot of both, Yamaha and Kawasaki have been the most reliable through any condition, and after I have been disapointed time and time again I have always retreated back to the good ole Yamahas and Kawasakis.</end quote></div>

Robass I'm hurt my polaris is nearly 14 years old I haven't had a single issue.No rebuilds no nothing.The older machines have given the brand as a hole a bad name and that just Isn't true anymore.They have really steped up quality.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

Yours might be nice, I'm not knocking your quad, but nearly every one I know that has had one whether 4 or 2 wheel drive has been pagued with problems, and I mean lots of problems, ranging from motors to starters, lots or rear wheel bearing assemblies falling apart, axles and frames snapping, I ride with alot of guys at a huge 3000 acre atv park, and its pretty much every weekend one of the Polarises will have some type of problem. Even my local dealer who sells Yamaha, Suzuki, and Polaris, the manager is a good buddy of mine, told me that he wouldnt even sell me one because they are junk, he said they fix more Polarises than any brand they have ever sold. In all my atv and dirt bike experience, I have had alot of both, Yamaha and Kawasaki have been the most reliable through any condition, and after I have been disapointed time and time again I have always retreated back to the good ole Yamahas and Kawasakis.</end quote></div>

Robass I'm hurt my polaris is nearly 14 years old I haven't had a single issue.No rebuilds no nothing.The older machines have given the brand as a hole a bad name and that just Isn't true anymore.They have really steped up quality.</end quote></div>

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!! Then what's up with the people I ride with that have newer '05-up Polaris' that keep snapping front axles and putting theirs in the shop all the time?

Old 12-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Politically Incorrect

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

Robass I'm hurt my polaris is nearly 14 years old I haven't had a single issue.No rebuilds no nothing.The older machines have given the brand as a hole a bad name and that just Isn't true anymore.They have really steped up quality.</end quote></div>

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!! Then what's up with the people I ride with that have newer '05-up Polaris' that keep snapping front axles and putting theirs in the shop all the time?</end quote></div>

EVERY BRAND HAS SOME MODELS THAT WILL GO OUT. EVERY ONE! I HAVE HEARD OF HONDA, YAMAHA, AND SUZUKIS BREAKING. NO BRAND IS PERFECT.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

thats a nice find, but i def agree with the oil cooler and at the least heavy duty springs, you can just add 3 hd ones if youd like so t wont be so hard to pull, warriors run hotter then alot of bikes just stock so i can see why they would be recomended, i wouldn ride it for more than an hour tops at a time until that oil cooler is on there, and with a bike that has a big engine like that i would really put some good oil in it no crappy motor oil, JASO approved oils only.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

any suggestions on oil brands ? this is my first 4 stroke. what is recommended maintenence wise?
all i had to do on my 2 stroke is lube the chain and keep the oil injection good, and clean the filter every so often.

oh yeah i forgot, it has stage 1 cams too.

and the guy said he just runs pump gas...should i start using premuium?

help me out here.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

BUMP! no suggestions? come on 4 stroke ppl! i know your out there.

Quick Reply: Warrior 446/430 stroker