Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

clutchs in my blaster

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutchs in my blaster

i put clutchs in my blaster rode for a day.went to ride the next day bike wouldnt move,pulled the case re-ajusted every thing still dont have clutchs if anyone can help let me know thanks

Old 03-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

Do you have the tension all adjusted right? Did the pressure plate seat firmly against the back of the clutch pack when you tighten everything up? Also, did you soak them in oil for 10 minutes prior to installing them? Those are just some of the simply things I can think of off the top of my head.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Trailblazer

i did all that.thats why its got me boggeled,i dont know what it is.im going to tear it all down see if i did something wrong,i dont think i did.almost think they sold me crappy clutchs.the pressure plate is working i can see it so i dont know,thanks for trying to help

Old 03-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

If everything is properly adjusted are you sure they gave you the right clutch pack? Couple of months ago I replaced the clutch in my Warrior and the guy only had a Banshee clutch but he was sure it would work just fine. Well, after fighting with it for a couple of days and the guy at the shop insisting I was doing something wrong I called Barnett and got the specs, and in fact the Banshee pack is thinner, which is why my clutch kept slipping/not moving at all. Added a couple of steel plates to make up the difference and it has been fine ever since. Basically, unless you are sure you were sold the right clutch I would start there now--not all shop guys know what they are talking about.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

what kind of clutch? ive heard bad things about tusk clutches hopefully its not those.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Trailblazer

i cant remember what kind some off brand kit it was cheaper than the yamaha clutchs,know i think i should have spent the extra money because i think i need new ones now anyway.i geuss its a lesson learned

Old 03-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

i usually only use either OEM or EBC clutches, Hinson and Barnett are good also but i wouldnt use there clutches unless your pretty serious into racing and such.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Trailblazer

were did you put the extra plates at the only place i see isright against the pressure plate,there looks like its got room for one more plate so im going to take an old one and try it see if that works

Old 03-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

It shouldn't "look" like there is any room anywhere for extra plates. You can double up steel plates to increase thickness, which is common on a Warrior, I dunno so much about a Blaster.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Trailblazer

the pressure plate sets flush against the last frickson plate but that is the only spot that i might be able to fit another plate is what i meant.

Quick Reply: clutchs in my blaster