Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Help Me Design a Riding Park For You

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2001, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BIRDofPREY!!!
What a guy! We knew there was a reason for letting you be the lead rider for us at Muenster! (even if you did run off and hide from us)LOL
I think I can speak for the others and say we would really like to take you up on the offer of a tour. How about it Raptor Riders of North Texas, give him some feed back...

Old 02-13-2001, 12:30 PM
Trailblazer

So when's the tour? We are ready just let us know when.

Old 02-13-2001, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

I'm always looking for anew place to ride. I'd love a guided tour. There aren't enough riding areas around here anymore. I live about 45 minutes to the east of you. If you organize a group tour let me know, i'd like to meet some of you all there.

Old 02-13-2001, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Let's start throwing out some dates for the 'private tour'. Anyone is welcome. This coming weekend (2/17) is my wife's baby shower, so my father-in-law and I were planning on touring Rocky Ridge and Bulcher (he's never been to either for the purpose of riding). Also, it may rain so this weekend is not good. However, I'll be a bachelor the following weekend (2/24-25) so as far as I know right now, that may be a good weekend. What do the rest of you think? It's about the same driving distance from Gainesville as Bulcher is, just farther to the west but not as far north. I'll check and make sure they are not having any cattle delivered or anything to mess up our tour, but it shouldn't be a problem since the cattle are not really close to the 'fun' areas anyway.

Look forward to hearing from y'all...

Bart
www.members.home.net/bartkim

Old 02-13-2001, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

That would be a good weekend for me. The weekend after that we were going to try and go to Lake murray and play around. If you had the open area for an MX track that would be cool too. you said he had taken a hit on the stock market, tell him how much money he could make charging people to get in to ride. Geez it's $10 at RR now and it sucks. I'd kill for a new place to ride. Anyone know if Dry Valley in Montague is still open for riding, or only for XC races?

Old 02-13-2001, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer

Jennifer
From what I know Dry Valley has been sold. The owner of the land past away a couple of years ago
and the new owners are planning to make farm land out of it.What a waste,some good XC races went on there. Birdofprey has your father-in-law ever had any TCCRA races on his land? I have raced there many times at St.Jo, and Caps corner N. of St.Jo.

Old 02-14-2001, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Id love to be a consultant but I am afraid Im probably a little too far away. Id say just do something to get it started. If your hurting for money, have them come drill on it for some texas black gold. Its worth quite a bit again. Really, riding is picking up the pace this time of year, If you could just get something going that attracts people, maybe you can convince him to keep putting into it. My stock Tip is to give up the stocks and trade oil and gas futures. Youll make a load of cash.

Old 02-14-2001, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

that weekend sounds good to me, lets go!

Old 02-14-2001, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a great plan.

Here are just a couple of suggestions from lil-ole me

Wide trails (fire roads) for the speedy trail types.
Narrow cut trails, technical trails.
MX-TT track
Plenty of hill climbs.
It pretty much depends on how the terrain looks like you there, but you can shape it anyway you want. Just look at Rocky Rodge and Muenster, and try to implement a little of both at yours.

For instance, Rocky Ridge has plenty of spaces to get pretty much wide open, great hill climbs and some decent trails with a small track. Now, Muenster has awsome trails w/technical, great sand banks but not really a good selection of hill climbs, yes some are out there but I like RR's hills better.

The tour? Let us know when you plan on doing it and I will try my best to be there, I'll bring along Eric (kilrvamps) with his wolverine to see how the utillity quad does. Only thing is I wont be able to make it this weekend, Valentines weekend with the wife. If you do plan on this weekend then Im sure I'll see it some time.

Good luck with it!!!

PS: Any ride trips planned for next weekend(24th-25th)? Im free that weekend!

Old 02-14-2001, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

YaMaRaPtoR!,

Thanks for the stock tips, but there are already several oil wells on the property. Unfortunately, I don't get to see any of the proceeds

Quick Reply: Help Me Design a Riding Park For You