Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Help Me Design a Riding Park For You

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BirdofPrey

It sounds like you have a variety of trails and tracks planed for the park, which is great. Variety is a big plus, challenging to the maniac riders and yet fun for us less crazy riders. I’m sure the whole idea of a park is to make it a safe and fun for every one. You might want to think of a kid riding area, so parents will have a nice area to teach young beginners to ride.

Lots of restrooms for guy and gals. I’m not sure what your summers weather is like there but the summers in California are very hot. The park I ride at has 6”x6”x10’ covered with fiberglass to provide shade or temporary shelter (from rain) over picnic tables. After a few hours riding it is nice to come back to a shaded picnic table and have a few sandwiches and a soda. Beside the picnic tables give the park the spirit that its family orientated.

You might want to consider a small parts department on the premises many crazy riders break levers, damage sprockets and get flat tires. You could improve a lot of riders weekend trips just by having a small service shop. I would be upset if I had just driven 50+ miles to get to your park and within the first 20 min I was there and I got a flat and had to turn around and go home because I did not have the right tools to make a quick fix.

Old 02-15-2001, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks to EVERYONE for the great suggestions, and keep them coming in. However, I don't want to get some you too excited that's a done deal. My father-in-law may decide to sell it instead (since that was the original idea from the beginning - buy it as an investment). He got excited about turning it into a riding park after he kept seeing TONS of trucks w/ bikes and ATVs in the bed or on a trailer traveling down I-35 while leaving or going to Muenster. He has already had one guy want to buy 1/2 of ranch for about the same price he paid for the WHOLE ranch - about $2,200 per acre for a little over 400 acres - and since he only paid $900 per acre for the entire 800 acreas only 2 years ago, then that may be a hard deal to turn down. The hopeful buyer was waiting until his other land sold and that hasn't happened yet. Anyway, if it doesn't work out then we can always go there and ride for free until it does sell. Keep your fingers crossed, I'm not giving up yet!

P.S. I'll post the details about the meeting area and time later tonight. I've now got to run and meet my wife at a pregnant class so we can learn to go...he-he-who...he-he-who

Bart
www.members.home.net/bartkim

Old 02-16-2001, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

Details for the tour have been placed under...

DEVIL'S BACKBONE PRIVATE TOUR INFO