Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

gas flowing into airbox from carb - '96 Timberwolf

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas flowing into airbox from carb - '96 Timberwolf

Hey guys, I can't figure out why gas is coming out of my carb and into my airbox on my '96 Timberwolf.

I've rebuilt the carb and the float is not stuck. The bike starts and runs fairly well although its obvious the carb could be tuned a bit more - but if I come to a stop and let it sit for a few minutes,gas starts running from the carb and into the airbox. It will drain the tank if I let it sit overnight.

I can't figure out why except maybe that the idle adjust screw has the needle gapped and when the bike is stopped the gas just runs out of the jet.

Any ideas on how to stop this would be greatly appreciated. All the internals to the carb are new.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Trailblazer

bump

Old 06-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by KFWA
Hey guys, I can't figure out why gas is coming out of my carb and into my airbox on my '96 Timberwolf.

I've rebuilt the carb and the float is not stuck. The bike starts and runs fairly well although its obvious the carb could be tuned a bit more - but if I come to a stop and let it sit for a few minutes,gas starts running from the carb and into the airbox. It will drain the tank if I let it sit overnight.

I can't figure out why except maybe that the idle adjust screw has the needle gapped and when the bike is stopped the gas just runs out of the jet.

Any ideas on how to stop this would be greatly appreciated. All the internals to the carb are new.
The float is not stuck, it's just not seating the needle..... It may have a hole in it making it heavy or may not be adjusted right.

When you stop or let it sit overnite,... turn off the fuel at the petcock...... at least until you get the fuel issue sorted out at the float/carb.