Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Parking brake limiter/ Reverse limiter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bassballs818
when i pulled my parking brake off it would only putt around at about 1/2-3/4 throttle. I was so baffled by it cause i just cleaned my carb out. My mechanic had to reroute something to detour the sensor. Im looking to just take the whole thing off and get an aftermarket perch but i dont know if that will cause more headache.
Sounds like no issues should arise. The original "re-routing" should have taken care of the sensor.... and knocked it out of the system. Do the new perch thing man!

Old 07-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default How'd it go?

Say,... Captain Bags..... Did we ever get the issue resolved?

Old 07-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

No, I un plugged the white plastic plug with 2 wires in it and, un plugged the other 2 black wires coming out of the bottom of them and, jumped them together. still not working. I'm pretty sure it is a rev limiter because it starts in 1 second, runs forever and, revs without hesitation for about 500 RPM till it starts to ding ding ding hit a limiter. I plugged everything back together and cleaned the crap out of the depressors that plug into the perch (horribly dirty) and, still no change. I think the wires you are saying to look for are in the back of the Raptor near the battery and, not up by the radiator. I'm lost.

Ppl have to change the combo clutch PB perch all the time. I know that this had to be done 1000's of times - why am i having such issues? I'd love to eliminate the whole thing and, be done but i need to get it to run right someway and, then elkiminate the PB.

Thanks for any help.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Trailblazer

I fixed this on my buddy's Raptor 660R today. I pulled the wire connector from the parking brake lever and pushed in the chromed end piece and taped it in. Viola. Fixed.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

I took out both sensors in the perch and, cleaned them very well. They were all full of dirt and, sand. I put em back in and, it didn't help. I guess i can try depressing the silver plungers but i really which i had the trick to removing them all together. This is stupid already!

Old 07-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

Cap'n..... Where do you live? Maybe someone on Forum can come and help out.

I'm in Garland, TX. If near,... let me know. I'll help out.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

I live in the south burbs of Chicago. OakForest, Il.

I'm having a hard time with this being such a difficult thing. I've seen and, heard of lots of ppl changing out bars and, perches and, when at not. I just need to know the trick to getting rid of the limiter switches.

Is Ubeterun still around? He knew a lot about raptors, I know he would be able to help.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Thank you for the help!

I just wanted to say thanks to all that helped! after playing the disconect the wires game i fianlly played around with the reverse wire plug behind the shifter. I popped it off and, dirt and, sand came out. I cleaned the plug and, shaft it goes on with brush and, brake cleaner = started it up and, it is good as new!

Still not sure how i will ever figure out how to ditch the stock perch for just a clutch but i'll just make due with it till i feel like driving myself nuts again!

Thanks a lot!

Old 08-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by CaptBags
I just wanted to say thanks to all that helped! after playing the disconect the wires game i fianlly played around with the reverse wire plug behind the shifter. I popped it off and, dirt and, sand came out. I cleaned the plug and, shaft it goes on with brush and, brake cleaner = started it up and, it is good as new!

Still not sure how i will ever figure out how to ditch the stock perch for just a clutch but i'll just make due with it till i feel like driving myself nuts again!

Thanks a lot!
One more for the records huh? Good to know you got 'r runnin' right. That's one more things for others to look for then. Good work!