Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

grizzly 660 Carb not getting ANY fuel..stumped

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the needle is probly stuck and the inlet neck usely stops up with trash, remome the screw and take the float out careful and take the wire off that is attached to the needle valve then grab that brass pcs the needle fits in and pull strait up it will come out and then use something and clean the neck out, this should correct your problem.
Originally Posted by RidenThePoconos
Ok guys, new here, not new to fixing engines

well a few days ago I went to fire up the grizzly. It started right up, warmed up, and even idled fine. a minute after I turned the choke off it just fell flat on it face and wouldn't do nothing more then crank until the battery died. So I started taking things apart. I found the choke cable nut on the carb was broken in half so I got a new one (cheap plastic). But that didnt change anything So I thought the carb was dry and put a rag over the intlet so suction could do its work. Still nothing. *PETCOCK OPEN* So I tried a gas soaked rag this time. Fired right up! Take the gas rag off and it falls on its face.

Now I finally got the carburetor off, and took the float bowl off....DRY as the Sahara and pretty clean. I put the gas tank on a bench, hooked it up to the carb, and turned the petcock on. No gas whatsoever comes out of the bottom of the carb. Gas comes out really easy from the tank. I've tried compressed air to clear the blockage for the fuel. Still no avail. Any suggestions? Maybe a needle clogged or backed in or out?

Old 11-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are lifesavers. I just took my 05 apart today. Its doing exactly what ridenthepokonos is doing. However...I can't figure out how to get the two cables off the carb to totally remove it. Any hints?

Also, I might as well get a repair manual for this bike. Which is the best and where is the best place to get it?