Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Breeze upgrades Brakes Shocks Blaster?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 08:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Breeze upgrades Brakes Shocks Blaster?

I have a 2002 Yamaha Breeze. Time for brakes. I was reading in another thread that someone replaced the front brakes with 2003+ blaster front disc brakes. Whomever has done this please post some details and overview of the process. Is it a clean swap? Any modifications necessary?

Similarly, the rear swing arm - same post said they swapped over a rear swing arm with disc brake rear axle and yz80 shock. Again - need more details (please). Is it a clean swap? Any major modification? Chain lines up?

Is the yz80 rear shock a clean install too? What about better front shocls? Blaster front shocks swap over???

Anyone with experience, your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 08-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by yamahaesq
I have a 2002 Yamaha Breeze. Time for brakes. I was reading in another thread that someone replaced the front brakes with 2003+ blaster front disc brakes. Whomever has done this please post some details and overview of the process. Is it a clean swap? Any modifications necessary?

Similarly, the rear swing arm - same post said they swapped over a rear swing arm with disc brake rear axle and yz80 shock. Again - need more details (please). Is it a clean swap? Any major modification? Chain lines up?

Is the yz80 rear shock a clean install too? What about better front shocls? Blaster front shocks swap over???

Anyone with experience, your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Don't know about the Breeze much. But,... I have had 2 blasters and the factory shocks are pretty spongy and not great. I'd recommend seeing if they fit, but go with aftermarket brands,,.... "Works" brand is a suitable version I think.

The brakes on the front of the 2003-2006 Blasters were awesome factory updates. If they fit, I can recommend them. As for the rear aram and axle and stuff,.... I can measure if you need a specific measdurement. I am currently in posession of an 89 blaster that I'm readying to upgrade to '03-'03 stuff on the brakes. I have a compllete rear axle sitting on the bench, with all the hub, brakes and more. If I can help let me know.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

I really appreciate the reply. I was really hoping that someone who has done this conversion before can help out. A disc brake conversion would be a cool upgrade. Thanks again!