Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior slip-on muffler

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior slip-on muffler

hey guys i just bought a used white brothers muffler for my warrior. this is my first experience with an aftermarket slip on for my quad and i was just wondering about mounting it. i didn't get any mountain hardware. i know i can use my stock bolt for the bracket but i'm not sure about where the muffler meets the head pipe. does it just hold itself in place or what? thanks

Old 08-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

you should have an exhaust clamp for it. i can't find it, i'll take a pic later.. i have a nice stainless clamp on my hmf( it came with it though)

Old 08-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Trailblazer

yeah i definitely didn't get one. i will try to buy one online i guess

Old 08-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should be able to reuse the stock clamp on the new slip on,just open it up enough to slip off the stocker, then see if it will work on the slip on.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Trailblazer

When you get it on us know how you like it. Do you plan on re-jetting the carb? My wife rides a warrior I'd like to get alittle more juice out of it?

Old 08-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Trailblazer

I bought a used White Bros E-Pipe for my Warrior a while ago. It came with the clamp but you should still be able to use the stock oe if you still have it. It didnt bolt up perfect but the guy i bought it off of gave me this lil bracket he made for it, just a peice of metal with two bends in it and wholes at either end.

jay, I was in the process of completely rebuilding my bike when i bought it so compared to stock, my bike with the exhaust, new cam, unifilter, and 150 jet just hauls ***. Runnin along side a truck i hit 72 mph and the low end saw a definite improvement.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by jaymarti
When you get it on us know how you like it. Do you plan on re-jetting the carb? My wife rides a warrior I'd like to get alittle more juice out of it?
yeah i am going to re-jet it. i already have a unifoam air filter kit on it and i think that helped a lot. still not super fast though

Old 08-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wicked67dart
I bought a used White Bros E-Pipe for my Warrior a while ago. It came with the clamp but you should still be able to use the stock oe if you still have it. It didnt bolt up perfect but the guy i bought it off of gave me this lil bracket he made for it, just a peice of metal with two bends in it and wholes at either end.

jay, I was in the process of completely rebuilding my bike when i bought it so compared to stock, my bike with the exhaust, new cam, unifilter, and 150 jet just hauls ***. Runnin along side a truck i hit 72 mph and the low end saw a definite improvement.
Not calling you a liar, but you would need to put a whole lot of money into a Warrior to hit 72 mph,a pipe ,cam, filter and jetting won't even come close. Stock they did about 60, there is no possible way you added 12 mph without touching the motor or gearing the living hell out of it. A Banshee would be pressed to hit 75, and that is a hell of a lot more machine than a Warrior.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by 95wolv
Not calling you a liar, but you would need to put a whole lot of money into a Warrior to hit 72 mph,a pipe ,cam, filter and jetting won't even come close. Stock they did about 60, there is no possible way you added 12 mph without touching the motor or gearing the living hell out of it. A Banshee would be pressed to hit 75, and that is a hell of a lot more machine than a Warrior.
Understandable. I was hard pressed to beleive it my self but this is goin on what my friend in the truck told me, so its what i tell people. Also, i think i should ad this was a 3 mile long stretch so i was REALLY winding it out, and the CDI box is one of those increased rev limit deals. Ive also been through alot of this quad, cleaned up the ports in the head, polished inside of the carb, alot of lil things.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

you're going to mess up your topend running it maxxed out like that.. warriors float valves easily especially at upper rpm's. Agreed there's no way you were doing 72... maybe 62,also if you only did a 150 main you're probabaly lean.

Quick Reply: warrior slip-on muffler