Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help!!

i have an 01 warrior 350 and it stalls out when i go to give it gas. im not sure what the problem is. Once i get it going as long as im going sort of fast it's fine but as so as i stop, it dies and im stuck untill i can find out how to get it going again. please help!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Range Rover

common places to start... check for a good spark, make sure it's getting gas and that it's good gas, and make sure the air filters not clogged up. Beyond that your going to have to give some more details. Any mods? Any other problems? Does it quite after it runs for a while? How long have you had it?

Old 09-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

I'm a little confused. Does it stall when you give it gas or when you let off the gas? Does it idle ok?

Old 09-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

parking brake.. how is that not the first thing anyone says?

Old 09-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking that too, Speedy, but then I reread the post, and he says it is ok once it is going, but giving throttle from a stop kills it. The parking brake would cause a bad sputter just off idle, and not allow you to go much at all. I am thinking either a very dirty carb, or the accelerator pump rod is stuck down, so when you open the throttle,you get a big gulp of air, very little fuel, goes way lean, and stalls. Very common Warrior / 95 Wolverine problem (Wolverines got a CV carb from 96 on). The stock spring under the rod is extremely weak, a easy, permanent fix is a spring from a click ink pen, it is the same size, but 5 times stiffer, no more stuck rod. Give that carb a good cleaning, put the new spring in, and I bet it will take off a lot better.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Speedy2222
parking brake.. how is that not the first thing anyone says?
yeah. pretty much this one!.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

I was going to write a whole long post but I see 95wolv already said exactly what I was going to say.
To make a long story short, he saved me a bunch of typing. Thanks 95wolv!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 95wolv
I was thinking that too, Speedy, but then I reread the post, and he says it is ok once it is going, but giving throttle from a stop kills it. The parking brake would cause a bad sputter just off idle, and not allow you to go much at all. I am thinking either a very dirty carb, or the accelerator pump rod is stuck down, so when you open the throttle,you get a big gulp of air, very little fuel, goes way lean, and stalls. Very common Warrior / 95 Wolverine problem (Wolverines got a CV carb from 96 on). The stock spring under the rod is extremely weak, a easy, permanent fix is a spring from a click ink pen, it is the same size, but 5 times stiffer, no more stuck rod. Give that carb a good cleaning, put the new spring in, and I bet it will take off a lot better.
this