Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what kind of tires should i get on my warrior

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question what kind of tires should i get on my warrior

hi yall im in the process of finding the right tires for my warrior... where i ride its mostly rocky and muddy ... lots of loose sand as well... i love speed my bike has some mods making it faster than alot of warriors.. i have raced 4 warriors with the same mods and i smoke them... im looking for a tires thats not heavy so i can still have speed but at the same time i want some sort of grip on the mud... ive been researching and ppl say i should get razr tires.. what do yall think? im riding stock wheels as well

Old 09-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

It depends on how much mud you are talking (bogs, muddy trails) and the type of mud. If its clay-like mud then you may not be so impressed by the Razr's, on the rear at least. I don't know of too many other people with a tire set up like mine, but with my Warrior built how it is I absolutely love it. Personally I've got a set of 22" Mud Lite's on the rear with Razr2's up front. However, I will say that if I lived somewhere besides Indiana and never rode sand or very rarely I would probably go with Razr2's all around.

It really depends on your situation, Razr2's are great tires, but ATV tires are designed with a specific purpose in mind for the most part and are not so great at others. Since I ride in mud, bogs, creeks, snow, ice, sand, hard pack, and whatever the hell else Indiana has going on that weekend and got the MudLites I have been very pleased. They are not the best hard pack tire, but they hook up great in mud, snow, gravel and as good as something can short of paddles in sand. I can go through most bogs on my Warrior that the 4WD guys do (short of anything absurd) and have been through plenty that no other sport guys were getting through, and the same is said for snow performance. The Razr2's up front also add a nice bite to the front end in all conditions. On a 2WD quad I really don't think you can go wrong with Razr2's up front unless you ride strictly dunes.

Realistically I would say go with something like a Razr2 up front, but think about it a bit on the rears. If you don't do a lot of heavy mud or snow then get the Razr2's or something of the like for the rear and you will be more than satisfied.

I'll pit my Warrior against yours

Old 09-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

I have a set of KT355 Dunlops on the rear. They hook up pretty solid on almost all terrain,..... I don't go slippin' and slidi'n so much in the mud so I can't say they'll do what the mud lites will do,.... but they hold very well, and break loose when I want them to. They're the same tires and size as Factory on the 07 08 YFZ450 I think.... 9" rims. I almost went with 10".... Ebay purchase.

On the front I went to the most expensive plce I could and bought tires.... The Stealership. Don't go there unless you want to pay extra for something you can buy many other places cheaper. I bought Swamp Fox 22x10x7. They looked great in the book, and were some of the lower priced ones.... But I liked them.... I think They're 6 ply too. Now I have been riding them for most of 2 years..... pretty hard sometimes, and LOVE them. They wear much better than the factory stuff for sure. They look like mud swampers, but they're relatively narrow.

Here's a pic of the fronts - this is before I changed the rear tires (too tiny) or any other mods and the color change.... That Purple crap had to go (This is a Blaster, not a Warrior, but I'd go the same tires.....)

Name:  before.jpg
Views: 2096
Size:  141.6 KB

Old 09-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Range Rover

I have a set of GBC Shedders on the back of my warrior now but I plan on going with Holeshots next time. The Shedders work great and I have been very happy with them but I'm wanting to trying something different and I've heard nothing but good things about Holeshots. I run in the mud, sand, gravel, dirt, grass, pavement, wherever I want to go. The Shredders do good all around.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

Razrs,Holeshot HDs,Kenda Klaws, Shredders are pretty good also...if you do a good bit of mudding for having a 2wd and would like to perform pretty well compared to other 2wds then go with some mudlites or something...another good tire thats real cheap and you can get at tractor supply or something is Carlise turf tamers... my top 3 fav picks for a warrior would be Razrs, Kenda Klaws and ITP Mudlites.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

hands down.. Kenda Klaw XC's 20"

Old 09-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

The Holeshot GNCC's 20x10x9 are a good, lightweight, heavy duty 6ply trail tire.

Trending Topics

Old 09-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

yea i like the gnccs alot but i heard they wear pretty fast...the klaws are very kickass tires for sure,they have insane grip and last a long time, flipping them around one way gives you stronger braking and handling and flipping them the otherway gives you better acceleration, cant member which way does what, i think flipping them backwards from how there suppose to go on gives better handling and braking.