Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

moto 4 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moto 4 ?

found a moto4 forsale close to where I live. He said that the starter button stuck and burned the starter out. 4 wheeler has not ran in 2 or 3 years and spent 1 year outside. He said he would take a copule hunderd buck for it. I personally think that is to much.
Are parts hard to come by? Are they hard to work on? Is this even worth my time if I could get it bough cheaper say maybe a hunderd.
He did not know what size it is. He thought is was a 79- or 80 model. Was looking for a cheap quad for my son.
anyway your thought would be great. Do have a dealer with in about 1.5 hours drive time.
thanks again

Old 11-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by wendal
found a moto4 forsale close to where I live. He said that the starter button stuck and burned the starter out. 4 wheeler has not ran in 2 or 3 years and spent 1 year outside. He said he would take a copule hunderd buck for it. I personally think that is to much.
Are parts hard to come by? Are they hard to work on? Is this even worth my time if I could get it bough cheaper say maybe a hunderd.
He did not know what size it is. He thought is was a 79- or 80 model. Was looking for a cheap quad for my son.
anyway your thought would be great. Do have a dealer with in about 1.5 hours drive time.
thanks again
If it's really that old (I'm not a stats nut, so I'm not fully aware of models/years).... I might give a couple of hundred for it,... no more than that. If it's newer,... say at least in the mid to late eighties,... chances are, you can find parts for it fairly easy. The suspensions on older Quads are usually not nearly as good as the more recent ones, but figuring out what this quad is, is pretty important before spending any money.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Range Rover

Where these moto 4 very good machines? just want something for riding trails. not wanting ot go fast. some hill climbing. are they **** to tipping?
I was going to look at this unit and maybe have a winter project. Are they shaft drive?
thanks

Old 12-01-2009, 09:14 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Its not a 79-80 the first 4 wheeler made was not until 1983 by Suzuki,the first Moto 4 was a 84 I think. I had a 87 moto4 that was rough looking and had high mileage and it still would be more reliable then a brand new 2010 Chinese ATV ever could be.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

..... and yes,.... all of the moto-4's I've seen are shaft drive.... usually bullet proof design. The hard part is the suspensions on the early ones left a lot to be desired. But they were still pretty decent machines (especially for the right money)

Old 12-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Trailblazer

I had one of them the only thing I had a problem witth was the back brakes. they was not very good.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:49 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by dfreelang
I had one of them the only thing I had a problem witth was the back brakes. they was not very good.

If a ATV just gives me a back brake problem,I would call it far from a bad ATV. I never seen any drum brake not have issues, I never even tried to fix a ATV with bad drum brakes I just down shifted instead.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

actually the first quad was in 85 and yes it was a suzuki. at one time a warrior was a moto 4 so its a very vague question. yamaha had several moto 4s to choose from. what is the engine size? and does it have suspension?

Old 12-10-2009, 07:47 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by NewportHillClimber
actually the first quad was in 85 and yes it was a suzuki. at one time a warrior was a moto 4 so its a very vague question. yamaha had several moto 4s to choose from. what is the engine size? and does it have suspension?
The first 4 wheeler was in 1982 from Suzuki, the LT125.
All-terrain vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A guy with a 83 LT125 came with us on one of out fishing trips,funny looking but he made it without trouble.LOL

Old 12-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

i stand corrected. but can you really count an lt125 with no suspension at all an all terrain vehicle? lol

Quick Reply: moto 4 ?