Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How many people bought or plan to buy an extended warranty for their Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2001, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you didn't buy an extended warranty when you purchased your Raptor, do you plan on it before your six months are up?

Would it be worth the money or do you think all the bugs (clutch, a-arms, etc.) are worked out of it by now?

My dealer told me that after 30 days from purchase, the warranty was 20% more than if purchased prior to that. Around $400 at the beginning and $500 later. Is this the same as the rest of you have paid?

Old 02-27-2001, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

I forget what I paided but I got it just to be
on the safe side I also have it on my 400ex
I've had that little over a year and have
used it once the swing arm bearing's got
worked (no grease fitting's)depending on what
break's they just give me the part's and I FIX
it I know I'll do a better job they still charge
honda for labor

Old 02-27-2001, 01:09 PM
Banned

Hi Bash,

I purchased my extended warrantee the day I picked up my machine. I haven't used it yet. It actually starts after the 6 months are up from the factory warrantee. I think it's an excellent idea to purchase the warrantee because it's a new model.

IronBear

Old 02-27-2001, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

paid $450.00 at the time i purchased it..get it cause you never know with the first year of production

Old 02-27-2001, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

bash,
Your dealer sounds like he is trying to make you pay extra. The price of the extended warranty shouldn't change if you buy prior to or after purchase of your quad. Although you may be able to bargain with them prior to quad purchase. Anyway, I have about 10-14 days to decide if I purchase the extended warr or not. It's up in the air, I plan to get a high comp piston, cam, possible head porting, etc. SO? My biggest concern with the Raptor and it's problems is the tranny. I know way too many people who are having problems. This would really be the only reason I would get the ext warr.

Old 02-27-2001, 07:57 PM
Trailblazer

I bought it , but I got it mostly for the service plan< i don't believe that they (yamaha) is going to cover much in the warranty any way especially if you do any mods and who isn't going to do any mods?and it seems I paid to much $800, i guess there is a sucker in every crowd.

Old 02-27-2001, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

I noticed you have quite a nice list of GYT-R parts.
How do you like the exhaust pipe? I was thinking of
getting that one or the white bros. s-series.

Old 02-27-2001, 09:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I am waiting on my raptor to come in.(first week in march) the dealer told me today the extended warranty was 299. 1yr.,399 2 yr.,499 3 yr. He told me pipe,jetting,k@n etc. would not void the warranty. I don't believe that.Can't decide what to do,any ideas.Dealer also has 2 Raptors on the floor that he says are sold.Been there for 2 weeks min. If the weather was not so crappy i would be tempted to get a blue one.Bet they could be for sale,just afraid the blue frame will not look as nice as the silver after a few scratches.

Old 03-03-2001, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

I purchased my Extended Warranty one month after I bought the Bike. $500 in Findley Lake, NY, and yes, adding a K&N filter, A pipe, or any external performance options will NOT void the warranty.

Any "internal" modifications will void the warranty....New Piston, Big Bore Kit, Cam change...... Definately worth the Money on a first run machine. I haven't needed mine, but I'm glad I can rely on it. Between the Warranty and my Full Coverage Insurance, I should be good to go barring anything really stupid.

Old 03-04-2001, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

may not be a bad idea for those of you thinking about racing in the baja... HA!!HA!!

Quick Reply: How many people bought or plan to buy an extended warranty for their Raptor?