Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

NEED HELP FAST Simple Question...Blaster 200 Will Pay $ 4 Help LOL J/K Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP FAST Simple Question...Blaster 200 Will Pay $ 4 Help LOL J/K Please Help

The quad will start no problem but when the motor is put under stress or you give it a little throttle it bogs down and runs like the choke is pulled out...Almost like its starving for air.More or less it runs like the choke is always on. If you pull the choke out while running it will completely die. I just cleaned the carburetor. What am i missing? Could this have something to do with the actual choke mechanism in the carburetor? This isn't making any sense.

Please help

Also put in a new coil and reeds.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

...also conscider that it could be starving for fuel..the symptoms are the same...check to make sure the fuel shutoff is in the correct possition, and .....as stupid as it sounds...check to make sure the vent hose on the gas cap isn't kinked......it happened to me on my old blaster....i had to be towed 2 miles back to the truck before realizing the hose was kinked....

Good luck.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Trailblazer

Start it up, press the throttle until it bogs, cut off atv then take out the spark plug. If spark plug is really wet with fuel then it's getting too much gas. If it isn't slightly wet then it's not getting enough fuel.

Have you cleaned the air filter? Have you done any upgrades recently on it like an aftermarket exhaust,etc.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

fire it up and ride it around for a bit then shut off the fuel on the petcock and then get into it and see if it runs right....ofcourse untill theres no more fuel in the bowl lol, but see what that does, when did it start doing this?

Old 03-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by 420Pimp
The quad will start no problem but when the motor is put under stress or you give it a little throttle it bogs down and runs like the choke is pulled out...Almost like its starving for air.More or less it runs like the choke is always on. If you pull the choke out while running it will completely die. I just cleaned the carburetor. What am i missing? Could this have something to do with the actual choke mechanism in the carburetor? This isn't making any sense.

Please help

Also put in a new coil and reeds.
What year is it? Does it have a parking brake? If so make sure the parking brake is COMPLETELY off and then start it up and try again. Same exact problem got me last year with my 2005 blaster. I was positive it was a carb problem until i watched a video of a guy on youtube.