Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Would you buy a Grizzly again?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you buy a Grizzly again?

For those of you with a Yamaha Grizzly would you buy another one? If so why? If not why not?

Old 03-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Yep without a doubt best all around 4x4 quad I have ever ridden! Just out of curiosity why do you ask?

Old 03-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
Yep without a doubt best all around 4x4 quad I have ever ridden! Just out of curiosity why do you ask?
Because if you saw the list of ATV's I have owned (24 now with my new Grizzly) you would see that I have tried about everything. I am ultra impressed with the Grizzly I just purchased. I didn't think I could like something better than the Kingquad (which I still think is a great machine). There is just something fun about the Grizzly that I haven't seen in other Utility machines.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by Actrite
Because if you saw the list of ATV's I have owned (24 now with my new Grizzly) you would see that I have tried about everything. I am ultra impressed with the Grizzly I just purchased. I didn't think I could like something better than the Kingquad (which I still think is a great machine). There is just something fun about the Grizzly that I haven't seen in other Utility machines.
That is cool. It is nice to just get on a machine and ride and not worry about the small stuff. This is not to say a Grizz has some very minor faults but IMHO and as I said you wont find a better all around machine! Good luck with yours I know I have with mine. Check your PM for more info!

Old 03-12-2010, 04:27 AM
DCT
Banned

We have a couple guys that ride with us that use to have Grizzlies. They both tried other machines. One guy tried a Brute and then an XP. The other guy also tried an XP. They are both back on Grizzlies. Other machines may have more power and a few other things, but nothing beats a good, solid, reliable machine that's fun to ride. I feel the same way about my King.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:03 AM
Trailblazer

Had a 07 grizzly 700 that I sold for quick money. Last year a bought an 650 bruteforce that I took back after one week and traded it for a 550 grizzly. Will never have anything but a grizzly for here on out... DOG

Old 03-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Trailblazer

Yes I would buy another one. best atv I have ever owned!!!

Old 03-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

I had the old Kodiak 450 (does that count a a Grizzly 450?) and I'd stay with my suzuki. I do beat my machines (mostly mud) and the Yamaha wheel bearing just didn't hold up. In 2400 miles I replaced all the wheel bearings in my Yamaha and the straw that broke the camels back was when I opened my shed and all my front diff fluid was on the floor.
2800 Miles on my King and I have replaced all the rear a-arm bushings (known issue) but no bearings (knocking on wood)
Buck

Old 03-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

I have a '07 Yamaha Kodiak/Grizzly 450 and it's as capable as any machine in it's class. It has always performed exactly as expected with no problems. The only complaint is the rear diff seals seam to leak after time from crap getting at them.

I would buy another in a heartbeat but I would probably go up in size and then give mine to the wife.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Definitely, never have any problems.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a Grizzly again?