Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Tire Recomendation

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the hardest time finding some tires for my warrior, mainly because I ride so many different terrains. My main riding area is the bed of the South Canadian River. On the river we ride wet and dry sand, mud, rocks, and hardpack. I have tried holshot xct's--too heavy, pack with mud, and they float in water! not a good thing when crossing deep water.
bandits--friend rides them on a 400ex. hates them. he has the same problems as with the xct's and they don't even slide well.
I have recently found the perfect tires for my warrior. They hook up hard, clean out well in mud, will powerslide, and are light weight. They are the stock tires off of the Raptor. These things are awesome! They perform in every terrain I can put them up against, and with slime tire sealant, I don't have to worry about low tires even though they are two ply. If you want some tires that will really let your warrior come alive, find someone wanting to get rid of their stock raptor tires.

HoundDog
99 Black/Yellow Warrior
Supertrapp IDS2 Silencer
Motion-Pro twist throttle
K&N breather

Old 03-02-2001, 11:06 PM
Range Rover

i just put bandits on front and rear of my warrior but i havent got the chance to spin'em yet . ill let you know as soon as i know. i put the rears on inside out, im told its going to really hook up compared to the stock crap

Old 03-03-2001, 12:37 PM
Range Rover

If you want some other recommendations other than Holeshot XCT's, try Titan Trail Claw 2's. They are dirt cheap, bulletproof, you will never wear them out, they were compared in one of the magazines a year ago (i would have to look up the specififc article) and they ranked very high compared to XCT's, Razors, Shredders, Dominators. I tried a set on my old Warrior (20X11X9) and they worked excellent. Why bother paying 70 bucks a tire for XCTs. Take a look at the Titans, they look good as well. The Titan's were ranked higher than the Bandits. If you want a copy of the article email me and i will look for it and scan it for you.