Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha 2007 Grizzly 450

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Opa
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha 2007 Grizzly 450

My son is going through a divorce and both of his ignition keys have "disappeared". He has been told that the keys have a chip in them and a new one would cost over $100.00. Would it be possible to replace the switch with a non-chip unit? Would there be another source other than our local dealer?

Old 03-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Opa
My son is going through a divorce and both of his ignition keys have "disappeared". He has been told that the keys have a chip in them and a new one would cost over $100.00. Would it be possible to replace the switch with a non-chip unit? Would there be another source other than our local dealer?

First off it sounds like it is a good thing he is getting away from this girl, any woman that keeps me away from my quad/sled needs to go! haha (I say this as I am finally getting Married for the first time in June, but I am 42 ) and she doesn't mind the quad / sled

Anyhow theres is no Chip in the key - at least not in a Yamaha ATV Key. You might be thinking Ski-doo Sleds / Can-Am Quads - I know for a fact Ski-doo ( I own a ski doo sled) has been using keys with chips in their sleds since the last 90's.

Anyhow, I have the same machine - Don't bother with the local stealership. I went to cyclepartsnation.com and real quick I found the whole new Key Switch Assembly for only $35!!! That is Cheap!!

DGY motorsports has good prices too.

Also if you happen to need the service manual for that quad shoot me an email @ snowwmax@yahoo.com

-CS-

Old 03-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

No chip a Good dealer can remake them from scratch!

Old 03-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by CraZySteve
First off it sounds like it is a good thing he is getting away from this girl, any woman that keeps me away from my quad/sled needs to go! haha (I say this as I am finally getting Married for the first time in June, but I am 42 ) and she doesn't mind the quad / sled

Anyhow theres is no Chip in the key - at least not in a Yamaha ATV Key. You might be thinking Ski-doo Sleds / Can-Am Quads - I know for a fact Ski-doo ( I own a ski doo sled) has been using keys with chips in their sleds since the last 90's.

Anyhow, I have the same machine - Don't bother with the local stealership. I went to cyclepartsnation.com and real quick I found the whole new Key Switch Assembly for only $35!!! That is Cheap!!

Also if you happen to need the service manual for that quad shoot me an email @ snowwmax@yahoo.com

-CS-

CraZySteve just bought a '08 Grizzly 450 for my wife to ride. Been riding a YFZ450 for several years. I like to do my own work on my bikes and a service manual would be very helpful. If it's not too much for a newbie to this board to ask, can I get a copy of the Grizzly 450 service manual?

Old 03-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by motor490
CraZySteve just bought a '08 Grizzly 450 for my wife to ride. Been riding a YFZ450 for several years. I like to do my own work on my bikes and a service manual would be very helpful. If it's not too much for a newbie to this board to ask, can I get a copy of the Grizzly 450 service manual?
Motor490,

Sure no problem - just email me to the email I listed. This manual is for an 03-06 Kodiak 450, which is good for the 07 Grizzly 450's. For the 08 and newer Grizzlies it does not have any information regarding the Wet Rear Brakes (which I wish my grizz 450 had - but that doesn't matter as I am converting ot to dual rear disc's anyhow )

-Steve

Old 03-31-2010, 06:14 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by CraZySteve

-CS-
Congrats Steve!!!!!

Old 03-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mxzeatr
Congrats Steve!!!!!
Thanks Eater!

Gotta love a girl that says - sure you can go sledding / quad riding this weekend, you enjoy that so go have fun !!

Crappy sled season for me what about you? Though I do LOVE my RoxSpeedFX 2" Anti-vibe Riser!! Made a big difference on those bumpy / lack of snow trails I am actually going to put it on the quad for the summer and see how I like it!

-CS-

Old 03-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Trailblazer

Riser on the quad! I LIKE IT! I've often thought that.

Season was pretty good here. Snow wasn't as good as usual but we made the best of it!