Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 Synthetic in 02 Warrior?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 08:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by draarong2004
one thing i'm assuming you haven't considerd since now that you mention it it isn't a motorcycle oil....is you do have a wet clutch setup in the warrior, and oils designed for motorcycles/atv's are formulated to help with the clutch, to my knowledge normal car oils would actually make the clutch slip more and do the opposite of what you want in an oil...
Directly from the Mobil 1 website, I dunno what your looking at, but this oil is made specifically for motorcycles/atvs.

Originally Posted by Mobil 1
Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40

Engineered for on-road, off-road and competition four-cycle motorcycles. Key benefits of Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40:

* Helps provide optimum acceleration and peak horsepower.
* Scientifically developed high-performance additive system.
* Provides excellent engine protection at peak rpm
* Superb transmission protection.

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40
Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 is recommended for four-cycle motorcycles which specify the use of a 10W-40 engine oil. It provides excellent performance in motorcycle engines that are designed with a common engine/transmission lubrication system or where the engine lubrication system is separate from the transmission system. In the case of the latter, follow the manufacturer's recommendation for the type of fluid to be used in the transmission. Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 engine oil is also designed to provide the proper frictional characteristics necessary for wet-clutch engine/transmission systems. Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 exceeds the requirements of API Service Categories SH, SG/CF, CD, JASO MA and has been fully tested, both on laboratory dynamometers and in the field, to provide optimum horsepower and acceleration.

Fully synthetic Mobil 1 motorcycle oils are specifically engineered for use in motorcycles. The formulations are based on the proven technology used in other Mobil 1 automotive products, yet they are optimized for the unique requirements of a motorcycle engine and/or transmission. You can use them with confidence, knowing they will protect your bike in extreme situations where conventional motor oils simply cannot compare, including extended high-speed operation and prolonged idling in summertime traffic.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Range Rover

i retract my statement then...lol, it started sounding like race oil for cars....lol, i haven't had time to research anything lately, just a few minutes a day to read some forums and reply here and there.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well i have just started using mobil 1 synthetic in my sons 350 raptor, and it shifts so much smoother. Its like u dont even notice the shifting, he told me it was stuck in gear so i took it for a ride and it wasent stuck just shifts really easy. i will stick with it from now on

Old 04-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by mckid
Well i have just started using mobil 1 synthetic in my sons 350 raptor, and it shifts so much smoother. Its like u dont even notice the shifting, he told me it was stuck in gear so i took it for a ride and it wasent stuck just shifts really easy. i will stick with it from now on
Hey that's great to hear! How old is the Raptor? Any oil consumption/leaking problems or any other problems since putting it in?

I just purchased 3 quarts of this Mobil 1 motorcycle racing oil at my local Advance Auto Parts. It was on sale for $7.99 a quart, and I had a $10 off $25 purchase coupon, so I just added some anti-seize lube to my total to get it to $25. It makes it about $5 a quart for this stuff which is really good for 4 stroke fully synthetic motor oil. Cheapest other 4 stroke oil for me is Autozone and their Valvoline dino which is only a $1 cheaper per quart. Yamalube by me is ridiculous marked up at the dealerships, $8-9 a quart, and ordering oil gets expensive once you factor in shipping. For me this was a no-brainer, I just hope it performs well in the Warrior.

http://advancegrandopenings.com/admin/contest/coupon

For anyone interested in the coupon at Advance Auto Parts. It says for Grand Opening Stores Only, but the guy at my store took it with no problem, so I guess YMMV.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

It is a 2007 has no leaks or consumption but the synthetic really helps in the shifting. wishi could get it that cheap as i pay $17 for it.