Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2001 Blaster

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Blaster

I just purchased a 2001 blaster and was wondering what type of oil goes in the tranny? I was looking and noticed oil was coming out froma nipple where a vent tube had came off and now I have hooed it back up. How do I tell if there is a oil pump cover plate put on with out taking the side cover off? The lady I bought it from said she has mixed the gas since she bought it from a shop 4yrs ago. I can see the bottle is gone that held the oil injection but would like to know if the cover was out on. I am new to the 2 stroke atvs since I have only had a polaris sportsman. On the case cover there is 2 small holes where the oil injection lines come out and was wondering what to use to plug those hole as I don't want dirt etc to get in. Any advice would be GREAT. It came with fmj gold pipe and silencer and a KN filter. Thanks

Old 05-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

there is no way to tell if they fully removed the oil injection unless you pull that small cover, I dont think oil comes out, but if it is not plated off then remove the larger cover, And just get a small piece of steel or aluminum and rtv , remove the plastic gear and put cover on.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

If the gear and oil pump were not removed, the gear has been eaten away by now. Don't bother with any mods if you don't want to spend a couple of bucks just filling holes....

If it's killing you, buy the block off kit and you can plug the 2 lines coming out of the cover with any kind of sealant you want, or leave them completely alone, as there shouldn't be anything that a little dirt would hurt. Basically the two lines are an inlet from the reservoir, and an outlet to the carb,.... the pump is probably not even turning anyway. Nothing from the vital engine parts could be bothered by a little dust in there, as the seal around the oil pump is there to protect from intrusion.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:54 AM
Trailblazer

Thank you for the help! I took your advice and pulled the small cover and it already had the block off cover installed...... It came with a FMF gold pipe and silencer and K&N filter and seems to go pretty fast. Should this setu be quite abit faster than a stock setup? I was just wondering since this is tthe only way I have rode this before. The only other quads have been 4x4 quads I own...this is my first 2 stroke! Thanks

Old 05-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by ccolt1
Thank you for the help! I took your advice and pulled the small cover and it already had the block off cover installed...... It came with a FMF gold pipe and silencer and K&N filter and seems to go pretty fast. Should this setu be quite abit faster than a stock setup? I was just wondering since this is tthe only way I have rode this before. The only other quads have been 4x4 quads I own...this is my first 2 stroke! Thanks
Before I put a pipe on mine it was a little slower revving,.... but not slower on the top end.... by more than a few MPH. But the "quickness and response is a HUGE difference with the pipe. Without the pipe it was much smoother and more "balanced" acceleration..... now it's more responsive and will pull my arms out of their sockets,....