Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

366cc kit for warrior/raptor350... Feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 03:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa there, guys. I'm not building a race machine. If I were, then a Warrior wouldn't have been my choice. I've got the cash to buy a new anything, but I wanted another Warrior. My last one was a tank, pretty much indestructable. Ergonomically, it fit me well. I liked the slightly un-aggressive seat to handlebar feel, and I dig the old school almost utility-quad looks.

I just wanted a cheap one to tinker with, and freshen up. The bigger bore / higher compression idea is to get it running new again, plus a slight advantage over the other 3 Warrior owners that I know.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 91Warrior357
no there not....i guess if you really wanted to you can make anything put out hp...even a weedeater, i love warriors but they are not power builders, a warriors maximum potential power wise is about equal to a stock 450 thats around there borderline which is the FST 446 plus other crap, but the money to do that is just insane and not worth it at all unless your rich, dont care and love warriors but its not ideal at all...i mean warriors are one of the first sporty atvs to come out...the first atv was in 84...warriors came about in 87 and remained near the same throughout there life...thats an old quad, what do you expect lol.
its deadlasts on yfm, he sent it to a dyno to tune in his edle carb and correction ended up with 32hp

Old 07-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beastlywarrior228
its deadlasts on yfm, he sent it to a dyno to tune in his edle carb and correction ended up with 32hp
mkay....i know who he is, and dave, jasonp, speedy, recon and the rest of them, ive been using that site for bout 2 years now point is they are not power builders what so ever there ancient single cam 2 valve tanks.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Originally Posted by humbug53
Whoa there, guys. I'm not building a race machine. If I were, then a Warrior wouldn't have been my choice. I've got the cash to buy a new anything, but I wanted another Warrior. My last one was a tank, pretty much indestructable. Ergonomically, it fit me well. I liked the slightly un-aggressive seat to handlebar feel, and I dig the old school almost utility-quad looks.

I just wanted a cheap one to tinker with, and freshen up. The bigger bore / higher compression idea is to get it running new again, plus a slight advantage over the other 3 Warrior owners that I know.
Oh, well in that case, the 366 kit is a great replacement for a rebuild, the problem is it maxxes out the cylinder so you would have to buy a sleeve for the next rebuild. The added power from the 366 would come mostly from the higher compression and not the overbore. The best thing to do would be to buy a 10.5:1 compression piston just 1 size over from what you have now. JE makes 10.5:1 compression kits in all sizes, but you only see the 366 advertised.