Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

**NEEDED INFO FOR ALL WOLVERINE OWNERS**

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,
I just today learned today that the Highlifter company has come out with a great new product. It's called the detroit unlocker. It isn't available for the Wolverine yet but should be. If you get a chance contact(mike@highlifter.com). He helps design new products for them and I bet they would speed up making one for the wolverine if they had a lot of requests. Well, anyways, This product alows you to disingauge the front wheels giving you true 2-wheel drive. it is on the fly change of 2x4 to 4x4. Somthing most Wolverine owners have always whished for. This would get rid of the one drawback that limits the use of the Wolverine. I just thought that you all would like to know.

Evan Wolf

2001 Yamaha Wolverine 350 (blue)
-Oxlite cv-boot guards
-Dimondplate aluminum: bashplate,
front skidplate, bottom skidplate
2000 Polaris Trailboss 325
-Hand guards
-Speedo,odom,tripmeter,hr meter
-Rear 23" Dirt Devil Tires
-Front rack
1998 Yamaha RT-180 Dirtbike

Old 03-07-2001, 09:36 PM
Range Rover

Dam, that sounds good! I just tried my buddies new Kodiak 01 and I liked spinning around in 2wd. Mind u it didn't work well in softer snow because the front end was so heavy that it felt like the rear tires were spinning and the front end was digging into the snow. You had to ride in 4wd for better results. I would definately look into it for mine but hope its reliable..

Old 03-09-2001, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

Why is this needed information for all Wolverine owners?
There are lots of other ways I would rather spend that money on the Wolverine. Things that would actually improve performance.

Old 03-09-2001, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

Put ever bit of power to the spinning rear wheels and steer with the throttle,if it's not a improvment it sure would be fun at the least.

Old 03-09-2001, 10:37 PM
Range Rover

haha!! I knew that we'd hear a comment out of ya soon!! Oh well, we all know that you hate this subject but with the lighter weight of the Wolverine, it would be fun, I tried the Kodiak on 2wd last monday and I liked it. I do agree though that its just one more option to make it less reliable but,, it would be nice.

The only thing with the kodiak, is that it weighs a hell of a lot more than the wolverine and its not as easy to throw around. Mind you it can be done well with the Kodiak, it would be done easier and better on the Wolverine..

Old 03-10-2001, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

although you may not think that this alows better performance in some areas it will. by diverting all of the power of the 350 to the two rear wheels I believe you may increase speed. Why do 2 wheel drive ATV's go faster than 4x4s? It would also be quite fun when playing in light snow or other slippery conditions. I have a 2x4 and my 4x4 Wolverine and many a time I will take out my 2x4 in the snow or wet conditions because if i want to play, a 2x4 is the one. you can powerslide better, spin better, and i think increase top speed(although i don't know that last one for a fact) If you disagree i really don't care. I'm 15 I'm havin a blast and I don't care how much smoke you blow up by *ss your still just wasting your breath.

-CTATV

w/ the stuff i said at the top of this forum