Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

09 Holdover Grizzly 700

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 09 Holdover Grizzly 700

I have the original owner of my 1995 Wolverine, bought i new with 0 miles, and have rode the living pi$$ out of it over the years, 3 trips to the dunes (1 Waynoka, 2 Silver Lake) have motocross raced it, put thousands of trail and work miles on it, a few years ago, the engine gave out, spent a bit and put a Fourstroke Tech 446 kit in it,and rode it some more. Now, I am looking at upgrading to a newer quad, found a local dealer with a few 2009 holdover Grizzly 700s, what would be a good starting price on one, say a camo one? their website lists them as starting at 9499, which is what they listed for new in 09 (or 08, when the new models come out) I figure an almost 3 yr old quad, even with 0 miles on it, is not worth anything close to that. NADA listed used price is 7400 retail, would that be a good starting point? I know they will argue these are "new" quads, but you cant ask new retail on a 3 model year quad, the 2011 is going for about 500 more,so i figure they should be willing to take considerably less . Any opinions?

Old 02-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yamaha of Columbus located inside the Iron Pony store here in Ohio had 2010 w/EPS under $8000 when I was there two weeks ago.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

If only gas were cheaper, that would be a worthwhile road trip, but the wear and tear on the truck, plus the gas costs would eat up a lot of the savings !!! Fantastic Price on the wheelers, though !

Old 02-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Range Rover

Just bought a new 2010 700 Grizz, Friday, for 7200. No EPS though. Good luck

Old 02-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

You................baaahhhhhstahhhhhd !!! just kidding, thats a great price, was that for a camo one or solid color? I've heard they steer so nice, the EPS is not really needed, but if I'm spending that much, it would be a nice option, plus if you lock in the front, it would make a world of difference in steering effort. Plus isn't it supposed to take out some of the handle bar shock and jerk from rough rutted out trails? I know it would be expensive to fix, but is supposed to be pretty tough, ok, there's another question, can I get feedback from Grizzly owners, both EPS and standard steering? what do you think of your quads steering, wish you had it, or dont miss it?

Old 02-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Range Rover

solid blue,

i had, the old 660, so no power steering wasn't that big of a deal. friend has power steering and i can tell difference, but only really when in 4x4 you could really notice. i'm only 150-160 pounds i have absolutely no problem handling that bike with no power steering. plus one less thing you will have too fix if it breaks. honestly, unless you can find a great deal on one, its not that big of a deal, take the savings of 1000 bucks and get tires and winch. that will make you sleep better at night. :-)

Old 02-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, thats the kind of input I'm looking for, not just opinions, but actual experience,keep em coming guys!! as soon as the tax refund comes back, I'm going shopping !!

Old 02-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Between an 07 and an 11 there are no major difference both are GREAT quads. The biggest difference you will get from Power Steering besides the obvious is the anti kickback while riding and hitting things like roots/rocks. The Grizz 700 as a hole is as solid/relible as they come with a cult like following.
Grizzly Riders - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

Old 02-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Range Rover

If you are going to be running with the diff lock engaged I would recommend the power steering and it does help alot with the ruts.

On the hold overs what you have to remember is even though those are a few years older, the dealership still paid X amount of dollars for that stock, you can usually get a pretty good deal on them because some may be willing to loose a majority of the profit in order to move it, especially if it is on their floorplan and they are having to pay interest on it.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:23 PM

Quick Reply: 09 Holdover Grizzly 700