Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

08 350 grizzly carb adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2023, 02:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 305 Likes on 299 Posts

"how could it be the needle if the bowl was empty after a couple days of siting"

You wrote that you had fitted a new drain valve screw, but it still dribbled, I wrote "Check again if it is still the drain valve" and if it wasn't, how to sort out a leaky needle.

Old 04-25-2023, 08:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh yes my bad sorry about that, again I will get back to you after I replace the parts hopefully this weekend

Old 04-27-2023, 08:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi, I'm back I took of my carb and took of the bowl and saw that it was cracked were the overflow screw comes in so I replaced it from a Chinese carb I had and now the problem is fixed.
Thank you so much @ merryman for all the help
1: I'm having problems with my neutral switch, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't on the same quad, my 06 Yamaha bruin 350.
2: also my fourwheel drive isnt working and my mechanic who's a family friend says that its because of the neurtal switch, I can hear it engaging when i press the button but it dosen't work
3: my exhaust pipe outlet is only being heled on by one screw so it sounds weird and 2 of the screws broke off
I tried removing the screw but that didn't work so we tried drilling new holes but that didn't work either.
any thoughts I will send a picture from Yamaha parts house its parts 12 and 13

Old 04-27-2023, 08:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Old 04-28-2023, 02:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Neutral and reverse switches poke out of the top of the engine near where the gearchange shaft goes into the case, Fairly sure the neutral switch earths the wire when in neutral so a bad connection where it goes onto the switch or a faulty switch. Not sure what you mean by "I can hear it engaging when i press the button but it dosen't work" Lift the front wheels off the ground with it in 4WD, spin a wheel by hand and see if the other wheel turns in the same direction or backwards. If they spin in the same direction 4WD isn't working, watch if the front prop shaft is going round, if it is, the splines have failed and you need a new prop shaft. If the other wheel turns in the opposite direction, 4WD is working, so the warning light switch or bulb may have failed. Can't help with the silencer as I don't think I have ever removed that end cap. It will have captive nuts for those bolts, so you really need to get the cap off to get the old bolts out, either leave it until the other bolt lets go, or heat the bolt in the hope it will free off enough to get it out.

Old 05-01-2023, 11:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

what i meant by i can hear it engaging is that when i press the 4wd switch i can hear it make a nose like its engaging. if the front prop shaft is the shaft that comes from the transmission to the 4 wheel drive then yes that is working but the front wheels aren't turning I will check the rest of the things soon and get back to you.

Old 05-02-2023, 02:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If it makes noises, it almost certainly will be engaging, as it is driven by a tiny motor, like something from a toy train, it is that which usually fails, so if it is whirring for a few seconds, I expect it is working. Bit puzzled about "that is working but the front wheels aren't turning" as all four wheels have to turn if it is on the ground and the bike is moving, and if you lift it up at the front, you must be turning something to get the prop shaft to move.

Old 05-09-2023, 04:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

what I meant is that when I press the 4wd button i can hear it make a noise like its engaging but only the back tires spin not the front tires and the front tires just spin freely like their in neutral.

Old 05-10-2023, 02:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

"only the back tires spin not the front tires"

Still can't weigh up what you are on about, as if the rear wheels are moving, the fronts move with them whether in 4WD or not, unless you have all 4 wheels off the ground or just the back end raised. As I wrote above, engine off, ignition on, lift just the front end off the ground, engage 4WD, spin a front wheel, if 4WD is working the other wheel will revolve in the opposite direction. If it goes in the same direction, watch the front prop shaft. If it turns as you spin the front wheel, the splines have gone on the prop shaft. Remove the shaft and check which splines have failed. Too long since I did one, but I think the shaft coming out of the engine can be replaced if it is the engine splines that have gone.

Old 05-10-2023, 12:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok I will try this.

Quick Reply: 08 350 grizzly carb adjustment