Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New here..Just got me a show room new 07 450 grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 07:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the yamaha dealer today so they could ride my new to me 450 Grizz. The Tech could'nt believe how good it ran and looked for a 07 model. he said after a test ride that the engine noise sounds normal and the vibration in the foot pegs seems to be worse than some but he didn't know if there was a problem. But felt like it was comming from belt area..
So it was killing me to figure it out. WOW the 450 is easy to work on withing 30 mins the belt cover was off It all looked New as I expected.
Heres the kicker while I had easy access to the Rubber Engine mouts I checked them ..The very bottom Tranny mount was About 1/2 turn loose from being tight. Put it all back together and The Vibration is very much gone away . theres still more than I'm use to but the motor mount being loose was a problem. I also found the rear diff loose just a bit.
Tightened it up and checked over everything good.
I ride trails hard. Can't wait to go riding with some bigger Quads. I think the 450 Grizz out on the trails with me on it will be hard to beat..Love the Size and Agile feel. I'll figure out a way to get a bit more noise from the exhaust and maybe a bit more zip soon. The 450 is quieter than my 300 honda except for the 450 engine noise..

Old 04-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

I went to the yamaha dealer today so they could ride my new to me 450 Grizz. The Tech could'nt believe how good it ran and looked for a 07 model. he said after a test ride that the engine noise sounds normal and the vibration in the foot pegs seems to be worse than some but he didn't know if there was a problem. But felt like it was comming from belt area..
So it was killing me to figure it out. WOW the 450 is easy to work on withing 30 mins the belt cover was off It all looked New as I expected.
Heres the kicker while I had easy access to the Rubber Engine mouts I checked them ..The very bottom Tranny mount was About 1/2 turn loose from being tight. Put it all back together and The Vibration is very much gone away . theres still more than I'm use to but the motor mount being loose was a problem. I also found the rear diff loose just a bit.
Tightened it up and checked over everything good.
I ride trails hard. Can't wait to go riding with some bigger Quads. I think the 450 Grizz out on the trails with me on it will be hard to beat..Love the Size and Agile feel. I'll figure out a way to get a bit more noise from the exhaust and maybe a bit more zip soon. The 450 is quieter than my 300 honda except for the 450 engine noise..

Old 04-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Butch450
Sweet 07, looks like new. You'll love it like I do mine. It can take a beating pretty good and keep on running. Does everything good enough to keep up with the big bores unless your on fire roads. Good Luck with it!
Butch, Did the HMF performance slip on with quiete core help with performance . I been thinking of doing the accelerator pump spring mod. some say it realy wakes up throttle response. I Can't here the engine but dont want it to be to loud..

Old 04-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sweet 07, looks like new. You'll love it like I do mine. It can take a beating pretty good and keep on running. Does everything good enough to keep up with the big bores unless your on fire roads. Good Luck with it!
Butch, Did the HMF performance slip on with quiete core help with performance . I been thinking of doing the accelerator pump spring mod. some say it realy wakes up throttle response. I Can't here the engine but dont want it to be to loud..

Old 04-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Doing an HMF, upgraded air filter and jetting will definitely wake it up a bit. Don't expect major HP gains but it does help. Spring mod definitely helps with throttle response also. If you put on an aftermarket exhaust you need to rejet anyway and the DJ Kit already comes with the shorter spring. If you just want to do the spring mod it is 5 links shorter.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Doing an HMF, upgraded air filter and jetting will definitely wake it up a bit. Don't expect major HP gains but it does help. Spring mod definitely helps with throttle response also. If you put on an aftermarket exhaust you need to rejet anyway and the DJ Kit already comes with the shorter spring. If you just want to do the spring mod it is 5 links shorter.
Thanks Butch I been watching your vids. WOW the contour cam does a great job. I ride the same Terain as you guys after watching your vids... I ride Callalante in mtn city tn mostly ..Been wanting to get up to WV..Just got the Grizz I had a 300 fourtrax honda 4x4. The 450 Grizz does a great job..Top speed is 56 mph and pops like its a tick lean with stock exhaust..Goes like a mule..