Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Axcaliber Axle Part #?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 09:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the part number for the Lone Star Axcaliber Axle for a Raptor**-**-**/****-***? The reason I ask is, I ordered a 2+2 and it seems to be a 3+5 off set one half inch to the right side. It looks to be a Banshee axle.

Thanks guys.

Old 03-15-2001, 06:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I THE PART # IS 10-2410000 FOR A +1-+3 ADJUSTABLE.THAT IS THE STOCK NUMBER DIRECT FROM L.S.RACING .

Old 03-15-2001, 09:40 PM
Range Rover

That is the number that is stamped into my axle and it fit perfectly. Overall it is 3.56" wider than stock if you use the spacers.

Old 03-15-2001, 09:40 PM
Range Rover

That is the number that is stamped into my axle and it fit perfectly. Overall it is 3.56" wider than stock if you use the spacers.

Old 03-16-2001, 09:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

I may have measured wrong, I'll have to measure again. But, it seemed like it was 2" wider on the left side and 3" wider on the right. If I measure from the inside of the tire to the swing arm, I get a little over 10" on each side. It seams to be perfectly centered. Would the stock axle be an inch narrower on the right side from the factory? Weird.

I guess the stock # and the part # are different, I got mine from Sunset ATV and it had a totally different stock #.

Thanks for the replys.

Old 03-16-2001, 03:46 PM
Range Rover

I measured mine also and it is about 1/2" wider on the left side than the right when referenced to the center of the carrier. I think the carrier may be offset a little in relation the the center line of the quad. I carefully measured the width of the rear wheels in relation to the front wheels and they are the same. I took a 5 foot straight edge and held it against the right rear wheel and measured the spacing between the straight edge and the right front tire. It was the same as the left.

Old 03-16-2001, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

swayse, I hate to tell you this, but SunSet sold you a Banshee axle. Yep, that's right. I tried buying one from them as well and they tried to pass the Banshee off as a Raptor axle. They gave me the part number and after looking it up, it was a Banshee axle. I called to ask if they carried one made for the Raptor and gave the LS Racing part #. He said that they did not have that one and it would take 10 weeks if I wanted the real Raptor axle.

Product Substitution is against the law in certain instances. I'd check into having them give me one that is made for it.

The problem with one side being wider than the other is just like the Durablue because that is what they are doing as well, selling the Banshee axle as a Raptor axle.

On a side note, I posted this info about Sunset quite a while ago. Sometimes sifting through all of the bull on here can save a lot of headaches and even some money.

Old 03-16-2001, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

That's just what I figured they did. I've already called them and told them my story, they said they had never had anybody else complain and they had sent out 30 Raptor axles. He was going to talk to Lone Star about it, I was to call back later. But, all I have to do is take the right spacer out and it's 2" wider on each side. Then I put a broom stick along the edge of the back tires towards the front tires and measure the gap between the stick and the front tires, and it looks like I need to put the spacer back in the right side. Now I'm starting to get a headache again.

Look on your warrenty card and tell me what the part # is that they wrote in with a pen. Mine is the same as the # stamped in the axle which is the same number I wrote above in my first post.

Thanks guys, I guess I know better than to buy from Sunset now.

Old 03-16-2001, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

Swayse,

The part about nobody complaining is a bunch of bull. As already stated, I told them what they were doing the day I called to get a price on the axle. I didn't want to mess with those fraudulent monkeys, so I went with Nac's and it was a pleasure to do business with them.

I looked on my sales ticket. The part # is 10-2410000 as mentioned in an earlier post. The number that you are listing as found on your axle and on the card is the serial number. I'd suggest you edit it out of your above post. It never hurts to be cautious.

If Sunset refuses to correct THEIR problem, be sure and post it in a separate post so everyone will know who they can trust to deal with. Then call Lonestar and tell them what Sunset did. Lonestar is of unquestionable integrity in my book. I'm sure they don't want their dealers screwing over people when it involves their products. They may even trade out the axle for you. Don't forget to give praise when it's due as well. If Lonestar ends up taking care of it for you, post that also.

Old 03-17-2001, 10:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thats weird, an axle with a serial number. I looked on my warrenty card and sure enough it said serial #, oops. I'll see if Sunset is open today and call, I was suppose to call back yesterday but I called to late they were closed. I looked all over my warrenty card and can't find a number for Lone Star, if you have it handy, I sure wouldn't mind having it.

Bash I like your site, I used it to adjust my valves and jet my carbs. I'm thinking of shorter shocks in the front and flipping my linkage in the back, but $$$ for the shocks. For now I'm just running alot of sag, I don't jump that high anyway.

Thanks for all your help.

Pete

Quick Reply: Raptor Axcaliber Axle Part #?