Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BIG problem! Rode someone's Blaster, it died & won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with over head

Old 05-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

I wanna see how this turned out

Old 05-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is more than likely what happened: they rode the living P%SS out of it, noticed it starting to run funny, then "let" you ride it up and down the road, then point a finger at you and say...innocently..."What did you do to my ATV? , it was fine a minute ago". and now expect you to give them a new motor?. Chances are, they ran the injection tank dry, or forgot to premix the fuel if the injector was removed. At most, the rings are toast or the cylinder is scored, a piston, rings and a hone or bore, a head gasket and base gasket, and you are up and running again, no new engine needed. Don't be rude, but make it clear that you did nothing to cause this, and like you said, they rode it for several miles then handed it to you, so any damage done was already present before you took off.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default My blaster

Originally Posted by 95wolv
This is more than likely what happened: they rode the living P%SS out of it, noticed it starting to run funny, then "let" you ride it up and down the road, then point a finger at you and say...innocently..."What did you do to my ATV? , it was fine a minute ago". and now expect you to give them a new motor?. Chances are, they ran the injection tank dry, or forgot to premix the fuel if the injector was removed. At most, the rings are toast or the cylinder is scored, a piston, rings and a hone or bore, a head gasket and base gasket, and you are up and running again, no new engine needed. Don't be rude, but make it clear that you did nothing to cause this, and like you said, they rode it for several miles then handed it to you, so any damage done was already present before you took off.
Okay so I have a problem, kinda similar to this situation but I was riding my blaster for a lil minute then it sputters a lil bit but I kept going so I got to a stopping point & started revving & like once it got to its highest rpm it backfired & won't start anymore. I mean it used to do it all the time but it'll kick back on later or try to turn over but this time it gave out & not doing nothing so I'm asking for suggestions. Like all I have done so far was take the old spark plug out & put a new. My gas mixture is right, the carb is clean I guess, I took it off & took it apart but it looked clean. So now I'm sick 😩 & Don't know what to do. I was thinking though maybe I blew a hole in my piston because the last dude that had it didn't keep up with it so I'm guessing he never changed the piston but get back with me ASAP PLEASE & you can even text me if that'll be better 3185289096 my names Matthew or email me retsof.wehttam@yahoo.com

Old 09-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it backfired at high rpm and then quit, it could be you sheared the flywheel key and now its loose and not firing. I would pull the side cover and check the flywheel is lined up on its keyway and the crankshaft keyway. It is possible the piston burnt, but it would have to get pretty hot for that, but a quick compression check should tell you if it is sealing up good or not.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Doesn't sound like much of a friend. Main reason I never ride anyone else's stuff. I wouldn't pay to fix it. I'd buy it from them instead if they just had to have some money. Fix it and flip it or fix it and ride it yourself. About $200 is a fair price for a blown up blaster I think.