Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2000 blaster won't start

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking brake ?

Originally Posted by Terrellster
Not knowing exactly which incarnation your TORS system is,.... My system is "bypassed. The wiring is all left in place and the switch on the park brake is jumpered shut (the wires to the switch are tied together). this disables the system so that it doesn't anger the idle situation, and all works fine. With it "open" the thing won't rev without sputtering. It nearly dies while trying to rev with it left open. It's been years since I bypassed the system, so I may be totally backward on the open/closed circuit description....

I think the switch on your TORS is on the right hand lever. the park brake cam will have a small switch that is activated by it's movement.... find the switch, and see what it does. If it's "closed" or open with the park brake on.... then decide how to proceed to bypass/disable it.
Do you mean the micro switch in the thumb throttle ? Because my parking brake isn't even hooked up . Wasn't when I got the bike .

Old 05-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blasted71
Do you mean the micro switch in the thumb throttle ? Because my parking brake isn't even hooked up . Wasn't when I got the bike .
On your bike year model it should be the handle controlled rear brake lever, and there should be a switch that is either opened or closed (can't remember which right this minute) when you set the Park brake....., as well as the little micro switch in the throttle lever assembly.... the one in the throttle lever assembly is to kill the bike when you "drop" the throttle quickly, the one on the brake assembly is to limit the RPM.... it's a rev limiter.

In your first post related to TORS, you said it wouldn't start with it connected, but starts first kick when disconnected.... Will it accelerate properly once disconnected or do you have a rev limiting issue as well? If it won't accelerate, then disconnect or bypass the brake lever switch as well as disconnecting the other stuff you have disconnected....