Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yamaha blaster or yamaha warrior

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yamaha blaster or yamaha warrior

My son, 13 years old, rides a yamaha warrior he is a pretty skilled rider.. he wants to get some after market parts for it. i dont know if a blaster will be just as fast or faster than the warrior. i know there are tons of aftermarket parts for blaster and frankly it be safer if he rode a blaster so the question is shuld i keep and upgrade the warrior or sell the warrior and get a blaster upgrade it?

Old 07-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

Well you have the warrior so id keep it but the blaster is a lot smaller and can be made faster but its not as durable

Old 07-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

I would keep the Warrior. In my opinion the Blaster is a step down. The Blaster is not as powerful or torquey as the Warrior and the suspensions on the Blasters suck even worse than the Warrior suspensions do. A stock Blaster will run about 55 mph top speed, same as a Warrior. A 400EX would be a better option than a Blaster or modding the Warrior. I'm not sure why you say a Blaster is safer than a Warrior?

Old 07-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok thanks i only sed it was safer because its smallar andd less likely to seriously injure if rolled or fliped

Old 07-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah ok but what if the blaster is bored out

Old 07-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

It would take a big bore kit to make any noticeable power on the Blaster. You wouldn't gain much from just boring it over a few thousandths. But that still will have no effect on the terrible suspension or the horrible brakes (pre-'03). My buddy had a '03 Blaster that I would ride sometimes and it had a shaved head, Vito's degree key, Toomey pipe, jetted, air filter, and a reed spacer, most of which was supposed to help with bottom end torque, but it still barely had enough torque to get me up a steep creek bank. Plus the suspension felt like that on a lawnmower. Granted I am 6'-1" tall and 220 lbs, but the Warriors that I have owned never failed to carry my big self through anything, the brakes are better, and the suspension is better. Plus you don't have to buy that expensive 2 cycle oil for the Warrior - just pull up to the pump and fill-er-up!

Old 07-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Both blaster and warrior are unique models and contribute same too... you should upgrade and ride both !

Old 07-10-2012, 08:38 AM

My blaster is bored .60 over, it has some get up and go, but its a bit scarey with terrible brakes and suspension. Still not that fast though.

I say the 400ex is good, but i had better luck on my 300ex.
Would be worth finding and test riding a few of each on craigslist.

Cant speak for the warrior though..

Old 07-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

I've got a Blaster that's bored 60 over as well....

Mine is quite peppy. I also put slightly smaller tires on it (Though wider), and a Used FMF gold series pipe and Can...... Woke it up BIG TIME.... nothing else is modified as far as performance mods, and I have more than I can handle in the Trails..... It's fun, but it's also a lot more work than the 4 stroke Warrior is..... The torque is all in that Screaming Power band.....

My machine runs about top end of 50-53 MPh.... if that aint fast enough, then maybe another 4 wheeler is a better choice. 50 is plenty fast for a trail riding machine I think....

Old 07-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

warrior all the way i have one and its a awesome quad..but..if you wanna take care of a two stroke and less power then the warrior..then yeah go for the blaster !

Quick Reply: yamaha blaster or yamaha warrior