Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Finally! Some pictures of my Raptor 350

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Koopa
Whoa whoa whoa....That thing is WAY to clean.
Thanks! I wish it was more cleaner..LOL!

Old 07-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About the only thing it looks to need is a little steel wool to the header to get rid of that burnt on mud!!

Old 07-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Scooter86
About the only thing it looks to need is a little steel wool to the header to get rid of that burnt on mud!!
Yes. That does bug me a lot. I didn't know that steel wool will work on the header. Any cure for the dirty motor? I've try dish soap, car soap, carb cleaner and simply green to remove the dry overdue dirt, but nothing has worked.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:49 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kouasupra
Yes. That does bug me a lot. I didn't know that steel wool will work on the header. Any cure for the dirty motor? I've try dish soap, car soap, carb cleaner and simply green to remove the dry overdue dirt, but nothing has worked.
mag wheel cleaner should work well for that open pore aluminum. Spray it on, let it sit a few minutes and hose it off-
some people use a diluted muriatic acid solution- but you have to be very careful as muriatic (hydochloric acid) is a strong corrosive acid and will etch the aluminum- if you're not fimiliar wit how acids work, then you should just stick with the mag wheel cleaners and play it safe

both can be purchased at any home depot or auto parts store.

additionally- you may have good luck trying "CLR" (Calcium Lime Rust remover) which can be found in the grocery store in the bleach / soap aisle- it's used to descale and remove hard stains in sinks, toilets and on most metal suraces. It's cheap & safe to use. Brush it on, let it sit a few minutes and then hose it off. Try iy on a small area first.

good luck!

Old 07-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by beergut
mag wheel cleaner should work well for that open pore aluminum. Spray it on, let it sit a few minutes and hose it off-
some people use a diluted muriatic acid solution- but you have to be very careful as muriatic (hydochloric acid) is a strong corrosive acid and will etch the aluminum- if you're not fimiliar wit how acids work, then you should just stick with the mag wheel cleaners and play it safe

both can be purchased at any home depot or auto parts store.

additionally- you may have good luck trying "CLR" (Calcium Lime Rust remover) which can be found in the grocery store in the bleach / soap aisle- it's used to descale and remove hard stains in sinks, toilets and on most metal suraces. It's cheap & safe to use. Brush it on, let it sit a few minutes and then hose it off. Try iy on a small area first.

good luck!
Awesome advice beergut! I'll try CLR, I'm surprise I didn't think of that.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Very nice my son is looking to get one as a beginner qiad but is not sure he knows clutch

Old 07-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by DoNtTrEaDoNmE
Very nice my son is looking to get one as a beginner qiad but is not sure he knows clutch
Thanks!

I believe Honda quads are auto clutch which eliminate the hand clutch. Honesty if you ask me the manual clutch isn't too hard either.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi this donttreadonmes son my dad took my account and no the hondas are manual clutch which i prefer i just like the style of the raptors

Old 07-15-2012, 07:02 PM

Hi this donttreadonmes son my dad took my account and no the hondas are manual clutch which i prefer i just like the style of the raptors

The 06+ 250ex is the only one i know of that you don't have to use the clutch. Just a bit of imfo

Old 07-15-2012, 07:43 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TacticalRedneckofKentucky
The 06+ 250ex is the only one i know of that you don't have to use the clutch. Just a bit of imfo

no the hondas are manual clutch which i prefer i just like the style of the raptors
pre 06 didn't use a manual clutch either, on the 250's.
I used to ride a lot of sport quads before I got into the big 4x4 atv's- the 250 ex has a "sport clutch" no hand clutch required. I forget how many gears it had- but you couldnt stall it no matter what.
My wife drove her 02 250ex for 2 years (until she rolled it down a hill)- we bought it specifically because it didn't have a clutch, she couldn't use a manual clutch- just shift and gas.