Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Has anyone installed K&N Stage I Jet Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2001, 12:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone installed the K&N Stage I Jet Kit on anything, but especially the Raptor. I'm not talking about the Dyno-Jet that K&N packages with it's airfiler as a Power Kit, but just the K&N jet kit that sells for around $50.

I thought about the Dyno-jet but they only have a range of adjustment of 2000 feet in altitude starting with a jets for 6000 or 9000 feet. In Colorado I'm riding anywhere between 5000 - 12000 feet in a single weekend.

Thanks for any feedback!!

Old 03-22-2001, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

Im in the process of tuning my "K&N" jet kit on my 00 Kodiak. The K&N jet kit is in fact a dynojet kit in a K&N box. The box is the only thing that deals with K&N. The instruction and trouble shooting guide are from Dynojet. The help line and email all lead to dynojet. So which ever you purchase you will get the same product. The K&N from www.rockymountainatv.com was around $15 cheaper than a kit directly from Dynojet.

Old 03-23-2001, 01:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply. The kit came in today and just as you said, it is a Dynojet kit. I talked to Dynojet phone support and they said that my stage 2 kit would be a stage 3 when I bought the K&N air filter and they would be posting jetting instructions for it. All the parts necessary for the stage 3 are in the kit except for the air filter, which they haven't shipped yet and are still testing on.

Part of my confusion was the difference in price between Rocky Mountain ATV and Dynojet. I didn't realize that they were the same.

Old 03-23-2001, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

Good luck. It isnt very hard to do. So far Im up to my largest jet and the clip on the richest setting. I may have to call dyno and get another main jet or something. I will take the Kodiak on at least a 30 min test run and see for sure how its going to do before calling them. Again good luck.

Old 03-26-2001, 02:45 AM
Trailblazer

Dynojet Jet kits available go to colbykostman.tripod.com

Old 03-26-2001, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

Does the K&N or DynoJet Raptor kit come with the correct jets for running with the airbox lid off ?

Old 03-26-2001, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

OK..I am confussed...Is the complete K&N power up kit available?. This would include filter, outer ware and dyno jet kit..correct?

Old 03-26-2001, 04:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

The jet kit is out but the filter got backed up till sometime in April. I'm working on a clamp on set up for my Raptor but am running into some snags.Don't know what to do with the second small intake on carbs.

Old 03-26-2001, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

I made an adapter for my air box that will enable me to install a universal K&N clamp on filter. In my K&N "dyno" jet kit the 134 main is the largest jet. I have it in now and the clip on the needle at the 6th "richest" position. Because the K&N is sucking so much air in I believe I can go two sizes up in jets. I talked with dynojet today and they told me extra jets were $2.00 each. He recommended a 140 jet. He told me the kit I bought was only tested for a stock filter and aftermarket pipes.

I got an idea though. I thought about adding washers under the clip on the needle. This will raise the needle allowing more gas to flow through the 134 jet. If it doesnt work what has it hurt?? Adding a spacer is much easier than changeing the main jet. Changing the main jet is easy too just not as easy.

Later.

Old 03-26-2001, 10:42 PM
Range Rover

Raising the needle any more will not allow any more fuel through the 134. It will only continue to adjust the midrange. The needle only adjusts fuel from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle. The main jet is for metering the fuel from 3/4 to full throttle. To increace the flow of the main, you'll have to increace the size. The needle only adjusts fuel at the main jet at idle. Hope this helped.

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed K&N Stage I Jet Kit