Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

No more ATV's allowed in Minnesota !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2001, 12:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually not yet... read the info below from ATVAM. There is a post on the Polaris forum from Dazed with more info. We need to get going on this, or they will be outlawed in the future.

>ATVAM LEGISLATIVE ALERT – URGENT MESSAGE
>
>YOUR URGENT RESPONSE IS NEEDED TO PROTECT OUR TRAILS!
>
>MRRs anti-OHV legislation has been introduced (HF 1551 & SF 1381) and it is
>a direct attack on our access to land, funding, and trail system planning. It amounts to a de-facto ban on all ATVs on state forestlands. This bill can be found at http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/perl/billnum.pl or
>http://www.senate.leg.state.mn.us/perl/billinf2.pl.
>
>The bill calls for "closed unless posted open" on all state lands, while at the same time crippling the process to designate and sign trails. In other words they are telling us to only ride on trails posted open, yet make it near impossible to designate any more trails with their call for a full
>environmental review of all trails. On top of that, they want to take away our funds to develop any more trails! This is a bad bill for ATVers and all OHVers.
>
>We know that there are problems with OHVs, and we also know that more designated trails are the answer to most of these problems. So why is MRR objecting to designated trails? Because it’s the solution to the very
>problems they are complaining about.
>
>Don’t be fooled by any of their moderate, feel good language they are using. They are as extreme as ever. MRR and groups like them want us off of public lands so they can use it for their own recreational purposes.
>
>We have a virtual OHV life or death fight on our hands. It will take a strong effort to counter the slick and deceptive way MRR is marketing this legislation. And, well need your help in St. Paul when the bill comes up for a hearing.
>
>PLEASE contact the following legislators, especially those who are your senators or representatives, and tell them how this legislation is misguided and will impact your recreation.
>
>Senate Authors:
>Sen. John Hottinger, Mankato (651) 296-6153
>sen.john.hottinger@senator.leg.state.mn.us
>Sen. Len Price, Woodbury (651) 297-8060
>sen.len.price@senate.leg.state.mn.us
>Sen. Jim Vickerman, Tracy (651) 296-5650
>sen.jim.vickerman@senate.leg.state.mn.us
>Sen. Steve Dille, Dassel (651) 296-4131
>sen.steve.dille@senate.leg.state.mn.us
>
>House Authors:
>Rep. John Tuma, Northfield (651) 296-4229
>rep.john.tuma@house.leg.state.mn.us
>Rep. Alice Hausman, St. Paul (651) 296-3824
>rep.alice.hausman@house.leg.state.mn.us
>Rep. Jean Wagenius, Mpls (651) 296-4200
>rep.jean.wagenius@house.leg.state.mn.us
>Rep. Margaret Kelliher, Mpls (651) 296-0171
>rep.margaret.kelliher@house.leg.state.mn.us
>Rep. Kathy Tingelstad, Andover (651) 296-5369
>rep.kathy.tingelstad@house.leg.state.mn.us
>
>
>We also need to contact members of both Environment Policy Committees. Below is list of members for each committee:
> Senate: http://www.senate.leg.state.mn.us/co...nt/members.htm
> House: http://ww3.house.leg.state.mn.us/com...rs.asp?comm=10
>
>For pointers when contacting your legislator:
>http://www.leg.state.mn.us/leg/contact.htm
>
>Dont hesitate, contact these legislators today -- the future of our OHV riding in Minnesota will depend on your effort!

Old 03-24-2001, 02:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks fourbyfour. One thing I'd like to add for Mn. riders; If you don't belong to ATVAM, please join. It's only $15 a year.

Old 03-24-2001, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

How much do you have to pay in minnesota to ride an atv?, does that money go for trails or just to wherever they want

Old 03-24-2001, 07:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think we pay between $20 and $30 for registration. It used to go to create new trails, the MRR (Minnesotans out to Ruin Recreation aka Minnesotans for Responsible Recreation ) are trying to change the law so the money goes to Environmental studies and other stuff in order to make sure no money is left for trails. Not that I'm against studies, they are just blatently trying to finish ATVing off in MN.

Old 03-25-2001, 09:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for some good news from Mike Frey on the Honda thread, these bills are dead for this year!!! I noticed that Jim vickerman (one of the original sponsors) had withdrawn his support of the bill.
We all need to join ATVAM, Blue Ribbon Coalition and any other pro-OHV groups to continue to fight the enviro-*****... they won't be giving up!!

read these:
http://www.armca.org/editorial/mrr-one.html
http://www.armca.org/editorial/mrr-two.html

Old 03-25-2001, 01:41 PM
Range Rover

YAY!!!

Damn Communist **** Tree Hugging Hippy Scum!

Old 03-25-2001, 10:42 PM
Trailblazer

To me, this is one very scary forum. I'll join ATVAM if it will help to not seeing that topic again. I know I don't have an ATV yet but I will before the end of the year. Could anyone post or e-mail me some information on this club?

Old 03-26-2001, 09:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well I live in Minnesota and I am with you guys on this topic, I plan on calling the numbers and letting them know that I am against this legislation. But to tell you one thing, if it passes I will no longer be giving the state my $20.00, I will take the License plate off of the back and when opposition arises I will just drop the throttle. That will make them put people on atv' to catch violaters.

Old 03-26-2001, 09:10 AM
Range Rover

I thought I read somewhere that MN got $1.7 million to make new trails and fix the existing ones. Not sure. No matter where you live this is going on. Whats worse is that a lot of the trails I have road on are around small towns. They have a gas station and a place to eat. All their business comes from all of the atvers and snowmobilers. We are such horrible people. We pay sooo much in taxes every year, save money to get a toy and they just want to close all the trails. Doesn't seem right! Just my two pennies worth!

Old 03-26-2001, 10:44 AM
Range Rover

In Michigan it's closed unless posted open. Unless you go to the U.P. and then it's the opposite. Although it seems like some counties are less strict than others. Believe me it sucks. It would be so nice to get up in the morning, hop on my quad and just ride all day.

Quick Reply: No more ATV's allowed in Minnesota !!