Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Please help me figure ths out!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I've seen some of the mods you can do to these things and it's really surprising what they can do.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

IF the pic shows, that's it. OMG, is that your boy and girl bouncing around? How cute!

Old 08-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

And this is under the seat...

Old 08-05-2013, 03:30 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!

If the battery you have fits in the battery box on the quad, you can use it...it just isn't the same as what comes with the quad originally! Keep in mind that you will need a battery charger too...the battery will not last forever!!The battery you have has to have some type of terminals on it. Either a square terminal with a hole in top or an L-shaped terminal with a hole through it...if it has the traditional cone shaped terminals, you will need to get a standard battery terminal fitting that fits on the battery and crimps onto the cables. You should be able to take your battery to any parts store and tell them what is going on. They will get you taken care of!! Something to keep in mind is that the cables from the quad are going to be a much smaller wire than what you would get on a gas powered quad or a battery so make sure whatever you buy will crimp down small enough to stay on the wire!

Old 08-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok, here's my battery. Are you guys seeing these?

Old 08-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I found ring connectors that my husband has,and they are pretty small, too. Definitely will hold the wires. And I'm quite certain that the battery will fit, because I took some measurements. I just can't check now because the boys are swimming and the atv is under the deck! So, can't I just hook the two together somehow at home?

Old 08-05-2013, 04:13 PM

You should find that the terminals on your battery are hollow. You use a small bolt with a square nut for those...the square nut slides into the hollow area and then the bolt goes through the hole and threads into that nut...the square terminal will hold the square nut so that it won't turn while you tighten it! Just put your ring terminals on the wires and get two short small bolts with square nuts (from a hardware store) and you should be ready to go! Again if you take the battery with you, you will make sure you get the right thing the first time...nothing as frustrating as going to the store twice for one part!! You should be heading the right direction now...and yes your pics are showing up!!

Old 08-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Excellent!! I understand! And thank you so much for taking the time to help me out-I am eternally grateful! I will post some pics after the 18th if we actually get the thing up and running.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:39 PM

No problem...the kid will have much more fun on that quad than they would on a real Raptor 660...for now!! My two yr old rides his around the property and I follow him on my grizzly. He watches over his shoulder at me and anything in front of him better look out!! Hope he likes it and that you get it up and going!!

Quick Reply: Please help me figure ths out!