Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Please help me figure ths out!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Please help me figure ths out!

Hi everyone!
I'm a mom to a soon to be 5 yr old who we bought the Yamaha Raptor ATV for. However, we bought it used, not knowing what we were getting (into). I was told I needed to buy a battery, which I did (Im pretty sure its the correct one) but when I went to install it under the seat, all I found were two wires-pos and neg. Isn't there supposed to be some type of connector that you use? The battery itself doesnt have anything like that either-just your typical pos and neg sides. How can we put all this together?? Any help would be so much appreciated, as his birthday is the 18th of August and we'd really like to have this up and running!! I can provide pics if you need any more info, though I believe I'd have to email them to you as I am a new member. Please help! Thanks guys!

Old 08-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Trailblazer

there should be connectors at the end of each cable! are the cables stripped? if u want send me pics to egarcia530@yahoo.com and i can help u out

Old 08-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Which Raptor? 50-90-125??

Old 08-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by LT80
Which Raptor? 50-90-125??

It is the Raptor 660 (I think that was the number on the side). It's blue. And there are no connectors on the ends of the cables...just..copper wire! I will go ahead and send pics tomorrow. If you guys can continue to help, that would be awesome! Thank you so much for not ignoring this post-we really, really messed up and want to make this happen for a very special kid! Thank you.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:00 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!
Default Ring Connector

You bought a raptor 660 for a 5 yr old?? 15 yr old? Original post said 5...I think! If the cables come up and have nothing on the ends, you can go buy some cable ends at any parts store. They have a ring on the end and just crimp down on the end of the cable. If you search ring connector online you will see what I am talking about!

Old 08-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, it's a 660 but there's no way it's for a 15 yr old. Trust me, this is a kid one. I wish I could post pics. Sure, I've seen ring connector's before. I can certainly do that! But then is that all I need to connect it to the battery? How would I go about doing that part? Sorry, I know this probably seems ridiculously elementary to you all, but I really do appreciate your time and help!!

Old 08-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Let's see if this works: Here's to my FB account album. See if you can see the pics. Theres only the first two.

https://www.facebook.com/beth.ozolin...2413678&type=3

Old 08-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Didn't see it in any of the pictures.

Does it look like this one? I'm thinking you have an electric model made for kids. If so, it takes a special plug for the battery. And of course, a special battery.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:47 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!

No pics that I found of it...seems like scooter may be onto something though!! I would say if you are dealing with an electric one, you need to contact the manufacturer and see about getting the connectors. If you buy the battery from Walmart, it should have a connector on it like the one you need...if you are buying from the toy section! You just need to get ahold of the connector for the quad end and wire it on! My two yr old has the quad pictured...megatrendz is who you need to contact for that!!

Old 08-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I had one sitting in the back yard after my niece out grew it. Finally just set it out on the curb a couple of months ago. That would have had all the parts you need.

Quick Reply: Please help me figure ths out!